Col. Christopher Hall
Colonel Christopher Hall is the deputy commander at Joint Base Lewis-McChord, Washington, and commander of the 627th Air Base Group. As the JBLM deputy commander, he and the JBLM commander are responsible for an organization comprised of more than 290,000 people within 414,000 acres. Along with the JBLM commander, Colonel Hall is responsible for installation management, facility maintenance and construction, environmental protection, housing, emergency management, communication systems, security and law enforcement, fire protection, dining, lodging, recreational services, human resources management, supply and vehicle fleet management.
As 627th ABG commander, Colonel Hall is responsible for organizing, training and equipping more than 800 Airmen in five squadrons and the Chaplain and Equal Opportunity offices to execute installation support at JBLM and provide Expeditionary Combat Support to military operations worldwide.
Prior to his current assignment, Colonel Hall was the deputy commander of the 87th Mission Support Group, Joint Base McGuire-Dix-Lakehurst, New Jersey.
Colonel Hall was born in Jonesboro, Louisiana, and earned his commission from Grambling State University, Louisiana, through the Air Force Reserve Officer Training School in February 1999.
1998 Bachelor of Arts Degree in Political Science- Grambling State University
2004 Master of Science Degree in Leadership and Management - Webster University, Missouri.
2005 Squadron Officer School (in residence) - Maxwell Air Force Base, Alabama.
2008 Air Force Education with Industry Program - The Boeing Company, Seattle.
2009 Air Command and Staff College (correspondence).
2012 Master of Science Degree in Security Studies, Homeland Security and Defense (IDE in residence) Naval Postgraduate School, Monterey, California.
Air War College (correspondence).
1. March 1999 -January 2002, Deputy Chief, Logistics Plans and Programs, 375th Airlift Wing, Scott AFB, Illinois
2. January 2002 - January 2005, Officer in Charge, Inspector General Readiness, Oklahoma City Air Logistics Center, Tinker AFB, Oklahoma
3. January 2005 - December 2006, Flight Commander, Fuels Management, 20th Logistics Readiness Squadron, Shaw AFB, South Carolina.
4. December 2006 - June 2007, Flight Commander, Readiness Flight, 20th Logistics Readiness Squadron, Shaw AFB, South Carolina
5. June 2007 - Aug 2007, Operations Officer 20th Logistics Readiness Squadron, Shaw AFB, South Carolina.
6. September 2007 - July 2008, Student, Air Force Education with Industry Program, The Boeing Company, Seattle.
7. July 2008 - June 2009, Commander Detachment 2, 607th Materiel Maintenance Squadron, Suwon Air Base, Republic of Korea.
8. August 2009 - August 2011, Operations Officer, 374th Logistics Readiness Squadron, Yokota AB, Japan.
9. August 2011 - December 2012, Student, Naval Postgraduate School, Monterey.
10. January 2013 - May 2013, Chief, Materiel Management Branch, United States Air Forces Europe/Air Forces Africa, Ramstein AB, Germany.
11. May 2013 -May 2015, Deputy Chief, Logistics Readiness Division-Operations, United States Air Forces Europe /Air Forces Africa, Ramstein AB.
12. May 2015 - July 2017, Commander, 86th Vehicle Readiness Squadron, Ramstein.
13. July 2017 - July 2019, Commander, Technical Sustainment Squadron/709th Support Squadron, Patrick AFB, Florida.
14. July 2019 - July 2021, Deputy Commander, 87th Mission Support Group, Joint Base McGuire-Dix-Lakehurst, New Jersey.
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Bronze Star Medal
Meritorious Service Medal with silver oak leaf cluster
Air Force Commendation Medal with three oak leaf clusters
Air Force Achievement Medal
National Defense Service Medal
Afghanistan Campaign Medal
Global War on Terrorism Expeditionary Medal
Global War on Terrorism Service Medal
Korean Defense Service Medal
Armed Forces Service Medal
Nuclear Deterrence Operations Service Medal
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant, March 1, 1999
First Lieutenant, March 1, 2001
Captain, March 1, 2003
Major, Oct. 1, 2008
Lieutenant, Colonel March 1, 2014
Colonel, May 1, 2020