Welcome to Fort Knox!
Welcome to the greater Fort Knox community. Enjoy the splendor of all the area has to offer. Located adjacent to the city of Radcliff, minutes from Elizabethtown and less than an hour from Louisville, Fort Knox is perfectly situated in the heart of Kentucky.
Fort Knox: Strength Starts Here! The motto is reflective of the U.S. Army's Soldier recruitment, commissioning and career management missions all headquarted at Fort Knox.
Fort Knox at a Glance
108, 955 total acres that encompasses portions of Bullitt, Hardin and Meade counties in Kentucky.
- 1 of only 2 Army installations in the continental U.S. with DoDEA schools, kindergarten through 12th grades
- 3rd/4th most used range complex in the Army
- Average officer rank: Major • Salary: ~$100,000
- Average enlisted rank: Sergeant • Salary: ~$50,000
- Average Army civilian grade: GS-11 • Salary: ~$70,000
- Annual Economic Output: $2.6 Billion, $750 Million in payroll
Major units and organizations
Six 2-star commands
Two 1-star commands
Other major units and organizations
What about the gold? The U.S. Bullion Depository at Fort Knox, which holds 147.3 million ounces of gold, is located adjacent to Fort Knox. No visitors are allowed.