Vision: Be the premier education enterprise solution within the Department of Defense.
Mission: The Army Continuing Education System (ACES) promotes lifelong learning, readiness and resilience through flexible and relevant education programs, services and systems in support of the Total Army family.
Your education staff is committed to providing quality services and programs to active duty soldiers either assigned to or supported by installation, their adult family members, and Army Civilian personnel, other services assigned for duty on the installation, other Federal employees, and U.S. contractors. First step in pursuing your education goals is scheduling an appointment to speak with your professional guidance counselor prior to speaking with a school representative. There is a mandatory 30 minute brief on Tuition Assistance (TA) & Army Credential Assistance Program (ACAP) 101 for all first time users.
- Scheduling an Academic Counseling Appointment: click HERE
- Out-Processing ETS (Mon-Wed / 0900)
- In-Processing Personnel (Mon-Wed / 0930)
- Tuition Assistance (TA) & Army Credential Assistance Program (CA) 101 (Thurs. -1200 Face-to-Face or Virtual)
- Transcript Evaluation (email@example.com)
- Support soldier self-development –personal & professional career goals
- Support soldier to earn an associate degree from an accredited EI or complete and educational goal between the 5th and 15th year of service. Continue support to Soldier at 20th year of service complete their Bachelor degree and pursue graduate study from an accredited EI.
- Higher Education Track (2-dy Transition Class)
- Joint Service Transcript (JST) (www.jst.doded.mil)
- Education Brief W/School Advisors in attendance (Co. or BN)
- On-Installation College & University
- Central Texas University
- Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University
- University of Maryland Global Campus
- Verify School Accreditations
- Army Personnel Testing (APT)
Testing of Soldiers with a GT of 100 or below is recommended within 30 days of reporting to a first duty station
- Basic Skills Education Program (BSEP)
- Create ArmyIgnitED (AIE) Account: https://www.armyignited.army.mil/student
- ArmyIgnitED help desk firstname.lastname@example.org or (276)231-0938
- Army Credential Assistance Program (CA)
- Army Credentialing Opportunities On-Line (Army COOL)
- Kuder Career Interests Assessment ⚠http://navigator.kuder.com
- Tuition Assistance (TA) Decide ⚠https://www.dodmou.com/tadecide/
- Army Decision Support Tool (DST) https://milgears.osd.mil/ArmyDST
- Green-to-Gold (⚠https://goarmy.com)
- Army Decision Support Tool (https://milgears.osd.mil/ArmyDST)
- GI Bill Programs ⚠https://benefits.va.gov/gibill/
- My Career Advancement Account Scholarship (MyCAA) https://mycaa.militaryonesource.mil/mycaa/get-started
Check your eligibility: Spouses of active-duty service members in pay grades E-1 to E-5, W-1 to W-2 and O-1 to O-2 who have successfully completed high school.
Central Texas College (CTC)
Caserma Ederle, Ed Ctr Bldg. 126A
Monday-Wednesday hours 0800-1630
Closed Federal Holidays
Central Texas College offers Certificates and Associate’s Degrees to include Criminal Justice, Early Childhood Professions, Automotive Technology, EMT and Microsoft Certifications, Homeland Security, Fire Prevention, Hospitality Management, Applied Management Military Science. Regionally accredited courses in all areas available online via stateside CTC.
Embry- Riddle Aeronautical University (ERAU)
Del-Din, Ed Ctr Bldg. 2 hours Monday-0800-1530
Caserma Ederle, Ed Ctr Bldg. 126A hours Tuesday -Thursday 0800-1530
Closed: Fridays and Federal Holidays
ERAU offers science degrees at all levels including subjects such as Aeronautics, Unmanned Systems, Aviation Business Administration, Aviation Maintenance, Human Factors, Technical Management, and more. Our awarding winning programs are available to service members and the community at the discounted military rate. Classes are offered through our EagleVision technology and online. Additional degrees and information can be found online. ⚠https://worldwide.erau.edu/
University of Maryland Global Campus (UMGC)
Caserma Ederle, Ed Ctr Bldg. 126A hours Monday -Friday 0800-1630
Del-Din, Ed Ctr Bldg. #2 hours Tuesday -0800-1630
Closed: Federal Holidays
UMGC offers a variety of Associate’s, Bachelor’s, and Master’s Degrees to include Business, Cybersecurity, General Studies, Psychology, and Social Work. Additional degrees are available online. Face-to-face Host Nation Language Italian classes are also offered. ⚠https://europe.umgc.edu/
Army Personnel Testing Program (APT)
Caserma Ederle, Ed Ctr Bldg. 126A, Room 12, Monday - Wednesday 0830
Closed: Thursday and Friday & Federal Holidays
All Soldier(s) are required to be in uniform, and present military ID. If on leave bring your DA Form 31 day of testing.
- Armed Forces Classification Test (AFCT)
- Selection Instrument for Flight Training (SIFT). Requires GT score of 110 or higher to test
- Defense Language Aptitude Battery (DLAB)
- Defense Language Proficiency Test (DLPT)
- English Comprehension Level (ECL)
- Oral Proficiency Interview (OPI) - Appointments are scheduled by DLIFLC testing personnel, not your Test Control Officer or Test Examiner.
DA Form 4187 not required for below test.
- Test of Adult Basic Education (TABE) – Non-APT Test
- Basic Math and Science Test (BMST) – Non-APT Test
Soldiers are required to have DA Form 4187 with Unit Commander’s digital signature at time of scheduling any APT test. DA Form 4187 that are incomplete will not be accepted by Test Control Officer or Test Examiner. Examples are available upon request contact your test examiner Mrs. Marisol Renteria at email@example.com, building 126A, 8th Street, Room 12 on Caserma Ederle. Testing days are Mon-Wed 0830, testers must arrive 15 minutes prior to scheduled test to sign in and show military ID.
National Testing Center ⚠Ntcvicenzafirstname.lastname@example.org Sponsored by UMGC
- College Level Examination Program (CLEP)
- Defense Activity for Non-Traditional Education Support (DANTES)
Ask your school advisor these questions:
- Which tests the school will accept?
- How much credit is each test worth?
- Is the test good for a degree or elective credit?
- How much total credit will the school accept through testing?
- What is the lowest score the school will accept on each test?
Credit earned from these tests is good at more than 2,900 colleges and universities, but students should speak to a counselor/advisor at their school of choice before signing up. Not all schools accept all tests, and any testing completed for subjects not offered by the school of choice may be of no use to the student.
Army COOL https://www.cool.osd.mil/army/
Financial Aid ⚠https://studentaid.gov/understand-aid/types
Graduate Management Aptitude Test (GMAT) (Not Administered at ED CTR.)
MilConnect https://milconnect.dmdc.osd.mil/milconnect Transfer Education Benefits
Joint Service Transcript https://jst.doded.mil/
Online Academic Preparation (GT Prep) ⚠https://www.dantes.doded.mil/EducationPrograms/index.html#TestTranscripts
U.S. Army Health Care Recruiter/OIC Patrick.email@example.com (Germany)
Veterans Administration GI Bill ⚠https://benefits.va.gov/gibill/
ACES Hours of Operations: M/T/W/F 0800-1600 & Th 0800-1230
Closed: Thursday afternoon for training 1230-1630 & Federal holidays
Location: Caserma Ederle, Building 126A, 8th Street
Location: Caserma Del Din, Building 2 M/T/W/F 0800-1600
Closed Thursday 1230-1600 & Federal holidays
- Education & Tuition Assistance: ⚠https://www.goarmyed.com/
- DANTES: http://www.dantes.doded.mil/
- Joint Services Transcript: https://jst.doded.mil/
- Veterans Affairs Education Page (GI BILL): http://www.benefits.va.gov/gibill
- GoArmyEd Helpdesk: 1-800-817-9990
Last update: Mar. 19, 2019