Vision: Be the premier education enterprise solution within the Department of Defense.
Mission: The Army Continuing Education System (ACES) promotes lifelong learning, readiness and resilience through flexible and relevant education programs, services and systems in support of the Total Army family.
Education Counselors are available to assist you with setting your educational goals, and creating and updating your GoArmyEd tuition assistance account. Counselors can provide helpful information regarding:
- School Accreditation
- Financial Aid
- Local Available College Programs
- JST Transcripts
- GI Bill Programs
Speaking with a counselor is a great first step in pursuing your education goals. Please call to schedule group/unit education counseling briefings.
ON-SITE COLLEGE PROGRAMS
Three on-site colleges offer courses leading to the award of credentials including: Associate’s, Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees. Traditional classroom, distance education, and hybrid courses are available. Soldiers utilizing their Army Tuition Assistance benefits must enroll in classes through the GoArmyEd portal. Tuition assistance may be used at accredited colleges offering both face-to-face and online courses.
Central Texas College
CTC offers Certificates and Associate’s Degrees to include Criminal Justice, Early Childhood Professions, Automotive Technology, EMT and Microsoft Certifications, Homeland Security, Fire Prevention, Hospitality Management, Applied Management Military Science. Regionally accredited courses in all areas available online via stateside CTC, in class, and via Independent Study and Hybrid (half in class and half online).
University of Maryland Global Campus
UMGC offers a variety of Associate’s, Bachelor’s, and Master’s Degrees to include Business, Cybersecurity, General Studies, Psychology, and Social Work. Additional degrees are available online. Face-to-face Host Nation Language Italian classes are also offered.
University of Oklahoma
OU offers a Master of Human Relations. this degree is a multidisciplinary field of study and professional practice that combines theoretical perspectives from the social sciences and humanities, organizational studies, the world of work and service, and from multicultural studies. This program offer emphases in organizational studies, counseling, the helping professions, and social change.
Functional Academic Skills Training (FAST)
FAST is an on-duty program that consists of 60 hours of in-class instruction to help highly-motivated soldiers improve their GT scores if they elect to take the AFCT upon completing the course. Soldiers are expected to study outside of class.
The goals of the program are to:
- Improve mathematical skills up to pre-Algebra, provide extensive work on English vocabulary, and practice with reading comprehension.
- Raise GT scores for career advancement such as going green-to-gold, applying for Special Forces selection, becoming Warrant Officers. Also, for reenlistment and promotion purposes, as well as changing their MOS.
- Improve performance in training and in daily tasks.
Contact the Education Center Counselors for more information.
Army Personnel Testing Office
Testing is conducted by phone appointment only.
A wide range of Army Personnel Tests (APT) are available including:
- Defense Language Aptitude Battery (DLAB)
- Defense Language Proficiency Test (DLPT)
- Armed Forces Classification Test (AFCT)
- Test of Adult Basic Education (TABE)
- Selection Instrument for Flight Training (SIFT) - formerly known as Alternate Flight Aptitude Selection Test (AFAST).
All APT tests require an approved DA Form 4187 prior to scheduling an appointment.
Testing services are also available for academic paper based DANTES examinations
- Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT)
National Testing Center
The National Testing Center offers computer-based tests including:
- College Level Examination Program (CLEP)
- DANTES Subject Standardized Tests (DSST)
- ⚠Graduate Management Aptitude Test (GMAT)
- Pearson VUE
Over 900 exams are available through Pearson VUE including certifications, such as CISCO, LINUX, NOVELL, COMPTIA, NREMT and ACSM. The GMAT and Excelsior College exams are also offered. For a complete list of exams, please visit Pearson VUE online.
Test proctoring service for college test administration may be available, if scheduling permits.
Note: A fee is charged for all institutional test proctoring.
Army Learning Center
The Army Learning Center, located inside the Del Din Education Center, provides Soldiers with computer support for individual self-study and career development activities. Computers are available for soldier usage from 0830-1630 Mon-Wed, 1300-1630 Thu.
Additionally, recognized agencies can reserve the ALC for unit or agency training.
Twelve common access card (CAC) enabled computers are located inside the Del Din Education Center, Building 2, that provide Soldiers with support for individual self-study and career development activities. Computers are available Monday through Thursday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
The Computer Lab can be reserved by recognized agencies for group training.
- Education & Tuition Assistance: ⚠https://www.goarmyed.com/
- DANTES: http://www.dantes.doded.mil/
- Joint Services Transcript: https://jst.doded.mil/
- Veterans Affairs Education Page (GI BILL): http://www.benefits.va.gov/gibill
- GoArmyEd Helpdesk: 1-800-817-9990
Last update: Mar. 19, 2019