Tuition Assistance (TA)
While ArmyIgnitED functionality is being updated, you can still use TA through the Blanket Exception to Policy (ETP) by enrolling in courses directly at your education institution (EI). Talk to an Army Education Counselor about ETP TA. We are here to help you navigate through the ETP TA process.
Army TA funds Soldiers' voluntary postsecondary education, enabling them to complete college classes and earn degrees. Postsecondary education increases the professionalism and readiness of the Force, and supports Army Talent Management.
What is Paid For?
- Up to 16 Semester Hours (SH) of tuition; $250 per SH, up to $4000 per fiscal year
- Soldiers may use both Federal TA and Credentialing Assistance (CA); however, the combined usage shall not exceed the $4000 fiscal year limit
- Not Flagged
- No TA Grade Point Average (GPA) hold
- Completed Professional Military Education (for respective degree level)
The Army Credentialing Assistance (CA) program increases the Soldier’s value to and competitiveness of the Army through helping Soldiers attain industry recognized credentials. Credentialing Soldiers improves Army readiness through retention of quality Soldiers, enhances Soldier career progression, and provides Soldiers with skills and capabilities reflective of civilian qualifications. Funding is provided for voluntary off-duty courses and/or exams leading to an industry-recognized academic or vocational credential listed in the Army COOL website.
What Is Paid For?
Credentialing Assistance will pay for all necessary books, supplies, and associated materials required for an approved training course and/or exam. Soldiers may use both Federal Tuition Assistance (TA) and Credentialing Assistance (CA); however, the combined usage shall not exceed the $4,000 fiscal year limit.
- Soldiers must meet basic Federal TA eligibility requirements
- Soldiers cannot be flagged under provisions of AR 600-8-2
- Soldiers cannot be a contracted ROTC scholarship cadet (receiving tuition and fees or room and board) or Green to Gold ROTC program cadet
- Soldiers must have enough time remaining in service to complete the credential before separating from the Army
Army Tuition & Credentialing Assistance