Under AR 930-4, Army Emergency Relief provides EMERGENCY financial assistance in the form of a non-interest bearing loan, grant, or a combination of the two.
We are located in the USAG Humphreys ACS.
Please bring the following for your visit:
- Military ID Card
- Leave and Earnings Statement
- Leave/PCS Orders
- Substantiating Documents (e.g. Car repair estimate, rental agreement, utility bill)
- Refer to the areas of assistance below for the required forms
DA form 31 Signed by both commanders with control number for emergency leave cases.
Areas of Assistance
- Rent, Utilities, Telephone
- Vehicle Repair
- Vehicle Insurance or Deductible
- Vehicle Payment or Repossession
- Assistance for Survivors
- Assistance for Retirees
- Commander's Referral Program
- Pet transportation (dogs) to and from Korea
- Emergency Travel
- AER application - AER Form 101 (dated May 2021)
- AER Application
- AER Form 57 Budget worksheet
Who Does AER Assist?
- Soldiers on extended active duty and their dependents.
- Members of the Reserve Components of the Army (Army National Guard and U.S. Army Reserve) on continuous active duty for more than 30 days and their dependents. (This applies to soldiers on AD for training (ADT) or serving under various sections of title 10, United States Code).
- Soldiers retired from active duty because of longevity or physical disability, or retired upon reaching age 60 (Reserve Components) and their dependents.
- Widows/Widowers and orphans of soldiers who died while on active duty or after they retired.
AER cannot assist with:
- Help pay for non-essentials.
- Finance ordinary leave or vacation.
- Pay fines or legal expenses.
- Help liquidate or consolidate debt.
- Assist with house purchase or home improvements.
- Help purchase, rent, or lease a vehicle.
- Cover bad checks.
- Pay credit card bills.
- Funds to replace those overdrawn from bank account.
- Spouses may receive financial assistance; however, they must be geographically separated and possess a Power of Attorney, Military ID card and provide substantiating documents (eg. car repair estimate, rental agreement, utility bill).
What kind of assistance is given?
- Assistance may be provided in the form of a non-interest bearing loan, a grant (an outright gift of funds) if repayment of loan will cause undue hardship or a combination of the two. Should a loan be given, it will be prorated from the Soldier’s military pay. It is always best to discuss the payment plan with an AER representative.
Is there a dollar limit on AER assistance?
- Yes, the amount awarded will depend upon your needs, ability to repay, and or your financial situation. We will do our best to help you, but not all cases meet AER requirements.
Where does AER receive its funding?
- Voluntary contributions from active and retired soldiers.
- Repayment of AER interest-free loans.
- Income from investments.
- Unsolicited contributions.
Should you need emergency assistance after duty hours, on weekends, or when ACS is closed contact:
- Humphreys Red Cross – 05033-53-7172