Please note!
Appointments have priority and are absolutely mandatory for ALL passport application submissions.

Mission Statement: to support the United States Department of Defense (DOD) by assisting DOD Service Members, Civilians and Family Members in obtaining official travel documents necessary to facilitate official government travel.

Vision: to provide professional, knowledgeable and timely service to every customer we have the privilege of assisting.

As of March 1, 2022, per Foreign Clearance Guide, Locally Hired personnel are not authorized / do NOT require issuance of Official Passport.

You are eligible for an Official / Diplomatic / No Fee Passport if:

  • Military personnel in special assignment situations.
  • Family members traveling overseas on orders with spouse.
  • Government Civilian Employees who are on TDY or accepting a position to a country which requires a passport.
  • Contractors are not eligible for a No-Fee Passport.

To check for passport and visa requirements for a specific country you can visit the Foreign Clearance Guide

No Fee, Diplomatic or Official Passports

Passport Checklist

Passport Application Instructions

Required Memorandum Example

Expedited Memorandum Example

US Embassy Seoul Off-Site Passport Services (Outreach Program)
The link provides information and dates the US Embassy will visit Camp Humphreys.

 Required Documents


  • DS-11: Complete if never had an Official or Family Member passport (always used for children regardless of previous passport)
  • DS-82: Complete when renewing Official or family Member (renewal application can be used ONLY IF the following apply)
    • Renewing the same type of passport (Official or Family Member)
    • Was at least 16 years old when passport was last issued
    • Can submit that particular passport with application
    • Passport was issued less than 15 years ago


  • Your name has changed by marriage or court order and you can submit proper documentation to reflect
    a name change


Applications can be completed online at
Follow the instructions, then print the application. NOTE: DO NOT SIGN until in front of a passport agent.

ID CARDS - Military Identifications cards, Common Access Cards, Driver’s License

MISCELLANEOUS - Original or Certified copy of court documents showing legal name changes, custody documents, adoption, etc.

BOTH BIOLOGICAL PARENTS MUST BE PRESENT TO SIGN - If one parent cannot be physically present to sign, a Notarized statement, DS Form 3053 (ORIGINAL) can be submitted with application. Form must have Identification portion completed, cannot be checked "Other" and state "Personally known to me" by Notary. A copy of the Identification used (front and back) MUST accompany form.

If only one parent is listed on the birth certificate, the one listed will be the only one needing to sign for child.



* Looking for SOFA Stamp Information?

SOFA Brochure

SOFA Stamp Office

Do I need a K-ETA?