DEERS/ID Cards/Ration Control
Our mission is to ensure enrollment in the Defense Enrollment Eligibility Reporting System (DEERS), and provide Common Access Cards (CAC) and/or Official Identification Cards to Family members, Retirees as well as DA Civilian and Contract Employees working on USAG Humphreys. These services are also available to a very small population of Non-PSDR Soldiers who do not have a servicing Brigade or HHBn.
PSDR Soldiers are required to use their Brigade / HHBn / STB S1 for any CAC related issues (i.e. new and replacement CACs, promotions, and pin resets) See 8A OPORD 21-01-19-01.
It is our mission to provide quality support to all Military Family members, DoD Civilians, Contractors, Retired Military and Retired Civilian Employees.
Our Services include the issuance of identification cards for eligible Family Members, DoD Civilians, Contractors, Retired Military and Retired Civilian Employees, and updates to the DEERS database.
AR 600-8-14, Identification Cards for Members of the Uniformed Services, their Family Members, and other eligible personnel.
8A OPORD 21-01-19-01 (USAG-Humphreys ID Card/CAC Procedures for BCT/BDE Assigned Soldiers)
Our Basic Procedures
to generate a DD Form 1172-2. You must have a CAC reader to complete the DD Form 1172-2 online. The form has to be generated within 30 days prior to your appointment.
All individuals requesting a replacement for a lost or stolen CAC are required to present documentation from their local security office or CAC sponsor, confirming that the CAC has been reported lost or stolen. The individual will still be required to produce 2 forms of ID from the "acceptable form link" to acquire a new CAC.
Documentation Required for ID Card Issuance
CAC: Reserve, Guard, Civilian, Contractor, NAF, and AAFES
- Two valid forms of ID (click link below)
- Enterprise email address if Department of Army (mail.mil) - not required for CAC issuance
- Contractors must be verified in CVS (every time a card is issued)
Geneva Convention CAC:
- Contractor – must have a SPOT LOA (Letter of Authorization) with the proper boxes checked.
- Civilian – Copy of Orders generated and completed through the DTS, or a completed DD Form 1610.
Retired Military: DD Form 214 or retirement orders and two valid forms of ID (click link below)
Individual Ready Reserve (IRR): DD Form 214 and two valid forms of ID (click link below)
Dependent ID: **Sponsors must accompany their Family members at all times. However, this facility does accept power of attorney in the absence of the Sponsor, or a DD Form 1172 that is generated by a DEERS/ID Cards Facility within the last 90 days.
- Spouse – Two valid forms of ID (click link below) (Medicare Card if turning age 65.
- Un-remarried Widow – Two valid forms of ID (click link below) (Medicare Card if turning age 65)
- Former Spouse – Two valid forms of ID (click link below) (Medicare Card if turning age 65).
- Dependent under age 18 - No ID necessary
- Dependent over age 21 – (Student) – Two valid forms of ID (click link below), Letter from school registrar office stating full time enrollment (Verification from Clearing House is also acceptable), and the expected graduation date at accredited college.
- Dependent over age 21 – (Incapacitated Child) – Two valid forms of ID (click link below), Current Dependency Determination* Medical Sufficiency Letter
- Other Dependent – (Parent, Parent-in-Law, etc) – Two valid forms of ID (click link below), Current Dependency Determination.
*(Dependency Determination must be completed every four years or status change)
DAV (initial issuance): Two valid forms of ID (click link below), letter from VA stating member is 100%
Disabled and authorizes commissary and exchange privileges and DD Form 214.
Ways to Verify and Update DEERS
• ON-LINE: You have two options for updating personal information online:
Visit the DEERS Web Site at: https://www.dmdc.osd.mil/appj/address and follow the steps to update your address, email address, and phone numbers on line. (MUST have CAC or DFAS PIN)
Via the Beneficiary Web Enrollment Web Site at: https://www.dmdc.osd.mil/appj/bwe/indexAction.do This site is linked directly to the DEERS database, so when you update your information via this portal, it not only updates DEERS, but also with your regional contractor. (MUST have a CAC or DFAS PIN)
• BY PHONE: Call the Defense Manpower Data Center Support Office at 1-800-538-9552 to update your addresses, email address, and phone number. (TTY/TDD for the deaf: 1-866-363-2883)
• BY FAX: Fax address, email address or phone number changes to the Defense Manpower Data Center Support Office at 1-831-655-8317.
• BY MAIL: Mail changes to the Defense Manpower Data Center Support Office. You must include supporting documentation if you are updating a Family member’s status:
Defense Manpower Data Center Support Office
400 Gigling Road
Seaside, CA 93955-6771
• IN PERSON: To add or remove Family members, visit a local DEERS office. You can search for an office near you by visiting http://www.dmdc.osd.mil/rsl/. Call the office first to verify location and business hours. Please click on the icon below to make an appointment for the DEERS & ID Cards Facility.
Requirements for DEERS Enrollment
Spouse – Marriage Certificate, Birth Certificate, Photo ID, and Social Security Card
Former Spouse – Marriage Certificate, Divorce Decree, complete set of DD Form 214’s or statement of service, and two valid forms of ID
Dependent Child – Birth Certificate, Social Security Card
Newborn Child – Newborns can be entered into DEERS within the first 90 days. Sponsor must present a Certificate of live birth authenticated by the attending physician or other responsible person from a U.S. hospital or medical treatment facility.
Dependent Stepchild – Birth Certificate, Social Security Card, and Marriage Certificate
Illegitimate child of Male Sponsor – Birth Certificate, Social Security Card, court documentation showing paternity was judicially determined or appropriate documentation of the state with jurisdiction (where mother and child currently reside)
Adopted Child – Final Adoption Decree, Birth Certificate, and Social Security Card
Ward – Court documentation naming sponsor guardian for minimum of 12 consecutive months, Birth Certificate, Social Security Card
Dependent Child over age 21 (Student) – Letter from School Registrar Office
Dependent Child over age 21 (Incapacitated) – Current Dependency Determination, Medical Sufficiency Statement
Other Dependent (Parent, Parent-in-Law, etc) – Current Dependency Determination, sponsor’s or spouse’s birth certificate reflecting parent’s name, and social security card
DAV – Photo ID, Birth Certificate, letter from VA stating member is 100% disabled and authorizes commissary and exchange privileges and DD Form 214
Retired Military – Photo ID, Retirement orders or DD Form 214 (Reserve Retired – bring Retiree Letter)
IRR – Photo ID, DD Form 214
If you have any questions or are unsure of any of the requirements listed above please call (520) 533-1608/1645.
In order to use any of the Duty-Free Facilities (Exchange, Commissary, Shoppette), except Active Duty, Ration Control Cards are required to all USFK personnel, including retirees and dependents. Each DOD-Card holder must be properly registered with DBIDS (Maude Hall, Building 6400, Room G101) with a wait of four-hours in between before being able to process any ration control request.
To process any ration control request, please bring the following documents:
Members of the Armed Forces Family Members - Sponsor’s PCS or Command Sponsorship Orders assigning them to Korea, Sponsor’s DoD ID, Dependent’s DoD ID, Pin Point Orders.
Members of the Civilian Component Family Members - Letter of Employment or TDY orders, Sponsor’s DoD ID, Dependent’s DoD ID.
Invited Contractors/Technical Representatives Family Members - USFK form 700-19A (even if TDY) with validated stamp within 30 days of arrival, Sponsor’s DoD ID, Dependent’s DoD ID.
Retiree Family Member - Sponsor’s Passport with visa expiration date no early than 90 days, Dependent’s Passport with visa expiration date no earlier than 90 days, Sponsor’s DoD ID, Dependent’s DoD ID.
Widow/Widower - Passport with visa expiration date no earlier than 90 days DoD ID. (or retiree ID if retired military)
Ration Control limits are based on family size. For more details on the usage amount of ration limit, please see our ration control flyer below. Service members are able to use their Common Access Card (CAC) at pimsk.korea.army.mil to gain access to check on current total amount that has been spent. The Ration Control Office is also able to process any of the following requests, request for exception to policy, requests for Ration Control Check, Unit Ration Control Card and Gas Card, etc.
Please contact our office at DSN 757-2088 for more information.
Or EMAIL us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Our office is located at Maude Hall, Building 6400, Room F104.
The Ration Control USFK Regulation can be found at www.usfk.mil