Welcome to the Fort Gordon Army Housing Office. Our mission is to provide housing and related services in support of the Army’s mission and readiness and to assist military service members, both unaccompanied and those with families, with finding suitable, affordable and safe housing wherever they live around the world.
The Army’s Housing Office goals are to: provide RCI oversight and analysis on the planning and execution of the housing privatization partner – Balfour Beatty Communities (BBC), and provide housing support to Soldiers living on and off post, and to plan and execute the unaccompanied housing mission per the Army directed Barracks Management Program.
The Army Values: Loyalty, Duty, Respect, Selfless Service, Honor, Integrity Personal Courage hold true to IMCOM Housing Career Program 27 Professionals.
Our daily mission is to give assistance, guidance and quality up-to-date information to our service members to help make relocating as stress free as possible. We are located in Darling Hall, 1st Floor Room 129.
Our hours of operation are:
Monday – Wednesday and Friday 7:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Thursday 7:30 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
The office closes every day from 12:00 – 1:00 p.m. for lunch.
HOUSING SERVICES OFFICE (HSO)
The Housing Services Office manages off-post relocation and referral services, the Rental Partnership Program, and occupant complaints for the installation.
We provide the following services for Service Members, their families and DoD Civilians:
- Housing counseling and education
- Accurate and available non-discriminatory rental and sales listings
- An overview on the local community, and programs and resources available tohelp make informed decisions
- Lease review services
- Landlord/Tenant dispute resolution
- Computer workstations to assist with the housing search
- Relocation assistance for the next duty station
- Provide information on obtaining local crime statistics, information on schools, etc.
- Homebuyer Education Classes Quarterly
- Inspect rentals for adequacy
- Assignment and Termination Inspections upon request
RENTAL PARTNERSHIP PROGRAM (RPP)
RPP is a Department of the Army housing program established to provide assistance to soldiers in acquiring quality, affordable off-post rental housing. RPP was created pursuant to AR 420-1, Army Facilities Management, 12 February 2008, RAR 24 August 2012. The RPP is managed by the HSO.
- HSO establishes a partnership with local property managers/owners, soldiers and family members
- Negotiate waivers for concessions with the off post landlords to minimize the financial hardship of renting off post
- Inspect all properties that are available for rent
- Process and complete verification of eligibility documents for service members
- Insure that rent will not exceed the service member’s BAH
- Ensure allotment is established to transfer rent payments to property owners.
Benefits of being in the RPP Program:
- Worry free rental payments by auto-pay
- Waived credit check fees
- Waived application fees
- Waived (all or part) Security Deposits
- Inspected Housing
- Support from HSO
Contact our office for assistance with all of your housing needs: (706) 791-9658 or visit us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/fortgordonhousingoffice.
Other Off Post services we provide:
- Homebuyer Education – Quarterly classes
- Off-Post Housing Referral Rental Assistance
- Inspect rentals for Adequacy
- Mediate Tenant/Landlord Complaints
- Assignment and Termination Inspections upon Request
RESIDENTIAL COMMUNITIES SERVICES (RCI)
The RCI office at Fort Gordon serves as the primary government liaison with our family housing privatization partner – Balfour Beatty Communities (BBC). Members of the RCI office work with BBC to make sure that the best possible family housing and housing services are being provided to the nearly 1,100 families residing at Fort Gordon. All units on Fort Gordon have been inspected by the RCI office and found to be ready for occupation. Our Inspectors are certified level 1 and conduct maintenance inspections, pre inspections, move-in inspections and at customer requests. The RCI office monitors command and resident satisfaction with BBC operations, and when necessary recommends changes aimed at improving those operations. In sum, the RCI office personnel track all aspects of BBC housing activities including: wait listing, move-ins, move-outs, accomplishment of work orders, contract work such as landscaping, pest control, garbage collection, and all other day to day housing functions as well as execution of housing development work that includes new construction, renovation, and demolition. You can reach the RCI office at 706-791-9656
- Assignment and Termination Inspections upon request
***Privatized Military Housing Plain Language Briefing***
THIS BRIEFING contains a number of requirements and reforms to improve accountability and oversight of privatized military housing on Fort Gordon including the tenant Bill of Rights. Fort Gordon Privatized Housing Tenant Dispute Resolution Standard Operating Procedures. This Dispute Resolution Process (hereinafter, “DR”) allows eligible tenants of Privatized military housing to obtain prompt and fair resolution of housing disputes concerning rights and responsibilities set forth in the Lease, including maintenance and repairs, rental payments, displacement rights, Lease termination, inspections, or fees and charges.
To initiate this DR, the Tenant must complete the Form attached here as Formal Dispute resolution and Request forms A (hereinafter, “Request Form for Dispute Resolution”), available below:
UNACCOMPANIED PERSONNEL HOUSING (UPH) Army Barracks Management Program (ABMP)
The Army Barracks Management and Unaccompanied Personnel Housing (UPH) office manages the Program for all Single Soldier housing needs and assist in certificate of non-availability (CNA) requests. There are no unaccompanied personnel housing for officers and senior enlisted personnel available on the installation. Oversees all aspects of the furnishings program to include warehousing, replacements and forecasts budget for UPH orders and completion of projects Information pertaining to unaccompanied personnel housing. You can reach the ABMP UH office at (706) 791-6559.
BALFOUR BEATTY COMMUNITIES
Location: 155 3rd Avenue, Fort Gordon, GA 30905 Located in beautiful Augusta GA, Balfour Beatty (Fort Gordon Family Homes) manages on post family housing on Fort Gordon. Fort Gordon Family Homes offers move in ready two-, three-, four- and five-bedroom homes in both single-family and townhome styles. Residents enjoy a secure and comfortable hometown environment with the convenience of 24-hour maintenance, lawn care services and community events. To submit your application, please visit their website above, or give them a call at 706-772-7041 and a Resident Specialist will be happy to assist you!