For information about household goods in-bound shipments, contact the Joint Personal Property Shipping Office (JPPSO)- Northeast.

Visit the web site:
Personal Property Processing Office, 3 Kirkland Street, Hanscom AFB - 781-377-7491

Household Goods Claims

To raise a question regarding a tort claim please call (609) 562-4006.

In 2017 Army created the Center for Personnel Claims Support (CPCS) at Fort Knox to process Soldiers’ claims for personal property losses incident to government service.  These claims, known as personnel claims, include claims for loss or damage to household goods and privately owned vehicles during PCS shipment, or while stored at Government expense.  Personnel claims also include loss or damage to Soldiers’ personal property located in government quarters or other authorized locations, caused by events such as storms, floods or power outages. 

All CONUS personnel can file their personnel claims electronically by visiting  For more information on personnel claims or if you need assistance filing your personnel claim, you may contact CPCS at 1-502-626-3000 or DSN 536-3000 or by email at

Claims may be filed for the following:
Household goods
Hold baggage
Loss in the barracks
Loss at government quarters, and
Vehicle losses. 

All claims presented due to fire, flood, theft, vandalism, or unusual occurrences as well as damage due to mishandling during a government move are considered and a Personnel Claim may be filed. 

New PCLAIMS System

The Army has a new computer program, Personal Claims Army Information System. This program allows Soldiers and Army Civilians to file Personal Claims through the Internet.