The Army Continuing Education System through its many programs promotes lifelong learning opportunities and sharpens the competitive edge of the Army. 

ACES is committed to excellence in service, innovation, and deployability. The ACES professional staff promote lifelong learning, readiness and resilience through flexible and relevant education programs, services and systems in support of the Total Army family.


Tuition Assistance - Delay in Release of Funds

If you are a Soldier who has paid tuition out of pocket due to the delay in release of funds, please watch the Army University video at one of the links below for instructions on how to proceed:




Area IV Regional Accredited Local Colleges

The University of Maryland Global Campus (UMGC), Troy University (Troy U), and Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University (ERAU) are the universities with offices across the Korean peninsula. Locally in Area IV, the UMGC has enrollment offices and classrooms inside both the Camp Carroll and Camp Henry Education Centers for on-site classes. All three universities are represented by friendly and professional staff who retain the distinction of being regionally accredited institutions by the U.S. Department of Education.

Army Education Center Guidance Counselor

The Area IV Education Centers guidance counselors serve as a professional education counselor in the Army continuing Education System (ACES) Program by providing the full range of general educational and career development counseling to both military and civilian personnel of the installation/activity. is a tailored, intuitive resource that empowers you to achieve your educational goals and utilize your Tuition Assistance (TA) and/or Credentialing Assistance (CA) benefits with over 2,000 education institutions and 200 vendors.  Whether you’re at home or abroad, you’ll have unlimited access to educational opportunities, support, and guidance throughout your desired Education Path, Civilian Path, Credential, or Army ROTC scholarship program. Soldiers can learn from anywhere. Design the path that best fits your learning preference and schedule—learn online or in the classroom. Soldiers can receive up to $4,000 per year in TA/CA in pursuit of an Associate’s Degree, Bachelor’s Degree, Master’s Degree, Credential, Academic Certificate or other Army Special Programs.

For assistance in understanding your educational opportunities and the ArmyIgnitED Portal, please contact the Area IV Camp Henry Education Center Counselor Support’s phone number at 763-4920 or the Camp Carroll Education Center Guidance Counselor’s phone number at 763-5405. Walk-ins are available from Monday to Friday, 0800-1700 (Closed on federal holidays, weekends, and every Thursday from 0800-1300 for staff training). Office locations are Camp Henry Education inside Bldg. S-1840 or Camp Carroll Education Center inside Bldg. T-236.

Army Green to Gold Active Duty Option Program

The Army Green to Gold Active Duty Option Program allows you to earn a degree and Commission serving your country. The Green to Gold Program is a two-year program that provides eligible, Active Duty enlisted Soldiers an opportunity to complete a baccalaureate degree or a two-year graduate degree and earn a commission as an Army Officer.

Army Medical Department Enlisted Commissioning Program

The Army Medical Department (AMEDD) Enlisted Commission Program provides eligible Active Duty, Reserve, National Guard or Activated Guard Reserve (AGR) Army Soldiers the opportunity to complete a Bachelor’s of Science in Nursing (BSN) and receive a commission in the Active Duty component of the Army Nurse Corps (ANC).

Army Personnel Testing Program

The Army Personnel Testing (APT) Program includes standardized tests to determine eligibility for enlistment or specialized training and language aptitude/proficiency tests. The APT program is governed by AR 611-5 Personnel and Classification Testing.

Basic Skills Enhancement Program

The Basic Skills Enhancement Program (BSEP) (formerly known as FAST) is the commanders’ primary on-duty education program. BSEP is a refresher course covering both Math and English that soldiers take to help raise their GT scores when re-testing on the Armed Forces Classification Test (AFCT).

Credentialing Assistance Program

The Army Credentialing Assistance (CA) program increases the Soldier’s value to and competitiveness of the Army through helping Soldiers attain industry recognized credentials. Funding is provided for voluntary off-duty courses and/or exams leading to an industry-recognized academic or vocational credential listed in the Army COOL website.

Financial Aid Opportunities

Financial aid is available to Soldiers who may have exceeded or ineligible for Uniformed Services Tuition Assistance (TA) or require extra funds for books and application fees. Guidance counselors can provide several options to fund your education. Some options include Post-9/11 GI Bill, MyCAA, and FAFSA.

Montgomery GI Bill/Post 9/11 GI Bill

Area IV Guidance Counselors provide counseling services to active duty Soldiers and their family members on several Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) educational benefit programs. Spouses and family members may also be eligible for education and training assistance. These programs include Montgomery GI Bill, Post 9/11 GI Bill, VA Yellow Ribbon Program, and VA Top-Up Program.

Multi-use Learning Facility

The Area IV Education Centers at both Camp Henry and Camp Carroll operate Multi-use Learning Facilities (MLFs). The MLF is a technology based facility that provide training, education, and support materials for Soldiers to develop/sustain job related and leadership skills.

National Testing Center

The National Testing Center (NTC) features exams and certifications in a wide variety of subject areas, on-site support, easy scheduling, and the benefit of instant score results. Available exams include College Level Examination Program (CLEP), DANTES Subject Standardized Tests (DSST), Pearson VUE, and Excelsior College exams.

Soldiers Civilian Credit Assessment Memorandum

The Soldier’s Civilian Credit Assessment Memorandum is an administrative service provided by Area IV Guidance Counselors. The memorandum is produced by the Education Center counselor after receipt of either unofficial or official copies of university transcripts. The memorandum is utilized by the S1 Personnel Office to update Soldier’s Enlisted Record Brief (ERB) or Officer Record Brief (ORB) for university credits accumulated, increase promotion points for advancement boards, or to prepare an application package for Officer Candidate School (OCS).  

Uniformed Services Tuition Assistance

The Uniformed Services Tuition Assistance (TA) program provides financial assistance for voluntary off-duty education programs in support of a Soldier's professional and personal self-development goals. TA is available for courses that are offered in the classroom or by distance learning and is part of an approved academic degree or certificate program.