✪ Denotes an external link
⚠ Denotes a CAC enabled link
Schedule an Appointment
Please visit the RAPIDS ✪ appointment scheduler to make an appointment for the Fort Campbell DEERS & ID Cards Facility.
Active duty Soldiers must coordinate through their unit for a new ID card.
Our Basic Procedures
All individuals requesting a replacement for a lost or stolen CAC are required to present documentation from their local security office or CAC sponsor,confirming that the CAC has been reported lost or stolen. The individual will still be required to produce 2 forms of ID from the valid forms of ID ⚠ to acquire a new CAC.
Documentation Required for ID Card Issuance
CAC: Active Duty, Reserve, Guard, Civilian, Contractor, NAF, and AAFES
- Promotion orders, E4 or above (if rank change)
- Two valid forms of ID (click link below)
- Enterprise email address if Department of Army (mail.mil) - not required for CAC issuance
- Contractors must be verified in CVS (every time a card is issued)
Geneva Convention CAC:
- Contractor – must have a SPOT LOA (Letter of Authorization) with the proper boxes checked.
- Civilian – Copy of Orders generated and completed through the DTS, or a completed DD Form 1610.
Retired Military: DD Form 214 or retirement orders and two valid forms of ID (click link below)
Individual Ready Reserve (IRR): DD Form 214 and two valid forms of ID (click link below)
Dependent ID: **Sponsors must accompany their Family members at all times. However, this facility does accept power of attorney in the absence of the Sponsor, or a DD Form 1172 that is generated by a DEERS/IDCards Facility within the last 90 days.
- Spouse – Two valid forms of ID (click link below) (Medicare Card if turning age 65.
- Un-remarried Widow – Two valid forms of ID (click link below) (Medicare Card if turning age 65)
- Former Spouse – Two valid forms of ID (click link below) (Medicare Card if turning age 65).
- Dependent under age 18 - No ID necessary
- Dependent over age 21 – (Student) – Two valid forms of ID (click link below), Letter from school registrar office stating full time enrollment (Verification from Clearing House is also acceptable), and the expected graduation date at accredited college.
- Dependent over age 21 – (Incapacitated Child) – Two valid forms of ID (click link below), Current Dependency Determination* Medical Sufficiency Letter
- Other Dependent – (Parent, Parent-in-Law, etc) – Two valid forms of ID (click link below), Current Dependency Determination.
*(Dependency Determination must be completed every four years or status change)
DAV (initial issuance): Two valid forms of ID (click link below), letter from VA stating member is 100% disabled and authorizes commissary and exchange privileges and DD Form 214.Click for a list of valid forms of ID ✪
Ways to Verify and Update DEERS
• ON-LINE: You have two options for updating personal information online:
Visit the DEERS Web Site at https://address.dmdc.osd.mil/appj/addresshttps://address.dmdc.osd.mil/appj/address ⚠ and follow the steps to update your address, email address, and phone numbers online (MUST have CAC or DFAS PIN).
Visit the Beneficiary Web Enrollment Web Site at https://www.dmdc.osd.mil/appj/bwe/indexAction.do ⚠. This site is linked directly to the DEERS database, so when you update your information via this portal, it not only updates DEERS, but also with your regional contractor (MUST have a CAC or DFAS PIN).
1-800-538-9552 to update your addresses, email address, and phone number. (TTY/TDD for the deaf: 1-866-363-2883)
• BY PHONE: Call the Defense Manpower Data Center Support Office at
• BY FAX: Fax address, email address or phone number changes to the Defense Manpower Data Center Support Office at 1-831-655-8317.
• BY MAIL: Mail changes to the Defense Manpower Data Center Support Office. You must include supporting documentation if you are updating a Family member’s status:
Defense Manpower Data Center Support Office
400 Gigling Road
Seaside, CA 93955-6771
• IN PERSON: To add or remove Family members, visit a local DEERS office. You can search for an office near you by visiting http://www.dmdc.osd.mil/rsl/ ✪. Call the office first to verify location and business hours. Please visit the RAPIDS ✪ appointment scheduler to make an appointment for the Fort Campbell DEERS & ID Cards Facility.
Requirements for DEERS Enrollment
Spouse – Marriage Certificate, Birth Certificate, Photo ID,and Social Security Card
Former Spouse – Marriage Certificate, Divorce Decree, complete set of DD Form 214’s or statement of service, and two valid forms of ID ⚠
Dependent Child – Birth Certificate, Social Security Card
Newborn Child – Newborns can be entered into DEERS within the first 90 days. Sponsor must present a Certificate of live birth authenticated by the attending physician or other responsible person from a U.S. hospital or medical treatment facility.
Dependent Stepchild – Birth Certificate, Social Security Card, and Marriage Certificate
Illegitimate child of Male Sponsor – Birth Certificate, Social Security Card, court documentation showing paternity was judicially determined or appropriate documentation of the state with jurisdiction (where mother and child currently reside)
Adopted Child – Final Adoption Decree, Birth Certificate, and Social Security Card
Ward – Court documentation naming sponsor guardian for a minimum of 12 consecutive months, Birth Certificate, Social Security Card
Dependent Child over age 21 (Student) – Letter from School Registrar Office
Dependent Child over age 21 (Incapacitated) – Current Dependency Determination, Medical Sufficiency Statement
Other Dependent (Parent, Parent-in-Law, etc) – Current Dependency Determination, sponsor’s or spouse’s birth certificate reflecting parent’s name, and social security card
DAV – Photo ID, Birth Certificate, letter from VA stating member is 100% disabled and authorizes commissary and exchange privileges and DD Form 214
Retired Military – Photo ID, Retirement orders or DD Form 214 (Reserve Retired – bring Retiree Letter)
IRR – Photo ID, DD Form 214If you have any questions or are unsure of any of the requirements listed above please call (270) 798-2424 or (270) 798-4838.
To be considered sufficiently dependent upon the Sponsor, the claimed dependent’s qualifying income must be less than 50% of his/her expenses and the member's contribution must exceed 50% of the dependent's expenses. This can include:
• Parent, parent-in-law, step-parent, parent by adoption, or any person who stood in loco parentis to the member for at least five years prior to the member's emancipation.
• Ward of a court who is unmarried and placed in legal and physical custody of the member for a period of at least 12 consecutive months.
For more information click for the Dependency Claims handout and the instructions for Parents and Dependency Determination for Incapacitated Children (example of Medical Sufficiency Letter).