MISSION: To provide safe, clean, comfortable and functional facilities in a clean environment to meet the needs of Soldiers, civilians and family members within U.S. Army Garrison Rheinland-Pfalz.
GOAL/VISION: Be the premier DPW within the U.S. Army.
VALUES (Army): Loyalty, Duty, Respect, Selfless Service, Honor, Integrity and Personal Courage.
MOTTO: Best, with less.
Do you want to join our team?
Enhance the readiness of the U.S. Armed Forces by:
- Providing quality, responsive support to the community for facilities, utilities and natural resources.
- Providing a responsive feedback system to the customer concerning requested support.
- Reviewing and technically approving all projects to ensure engineering adequacy and compliance with the USAG RP Facility Plan, the Installation Design Guide (IDG), current Department of Army construction criteria and the IMCOM-Europe Guidelines for Offices.
- Managing the Environmental Program to ensure compliance with the Environmental Quality Control Committee (EQCC), U.S. and host nation statutes and regulations.
- Managing community construction, maintenance and repair programs.
- Encouraging customer participation in the self-help program.
- Managing Family Housing, Off-Post Housing and Barracks.
- Providing liaison for all U.S. Army personnel and their family members served by the Air Force Housing Office, Vogelweh.
Key Points of Contact
+49 (0)611-143-541-4000 (DSN 541)
Lead Facility Engineer (Baumholder)
+49 (0)611-143-531-3050 (DSN 531)
+49 (0)611-143-541-4774 (DSN 541)
+49 (0)611-143-541-4695 (DSN 541)
Facility Operations Specialist (Coleman Work Site)
+49 (0)621-779-5355 (DSN 382)
Our enduring obligation is to take care of our people — our Soldiers, families and civilian employees. We are fully committed to providing a safe, secure environment on our installation. If you are a resident in post housing or barracks, the following process can be used to resolve maintenance issues:
Submit Work Order
Click HERE for work order phone numbers.
Follow-up on Unresolved/Critical Issues
If you have an issue that is not resolved to your satisfaction or in a timely manner after submitting a work order, we encourage you to elevate your issues/concerns through any of the following methods:
- Commander's Housing Hotline (24/7): Call +49 (0)611-143-541-3032 to address your unresolved issue or concern directly with a garrison command team representative or submit your issue via email using ASK THE COMMANDER.
- Interactive Customer Evaluation: Click here to submit an ICE comment -- organizations are required to respond within 72 hours.
- Housing Office: Contact the Housing Office directly during regular business hours.
Environmental Management Division
MISSION: To ensure the long term sustainability of the installation through compliance with Federal Environment laws and regulations, protection of natural and cultural resources, prevention of pollution, environmental training, environmental inspections and public outreach for the wellbeing of the Rheinland-Pfalz military community.
Read this PAMPHLET for information on drinking water monitoring, reporting procedures for water discoloration, and routine water testing parameters.
Environmental Final Governing Standards for Germany require the annual monitoring of bathroom showers for Legionella bacteria throughout USAG RP and U.S. Army garrisons across Germany to include on-post housing and tenant unit buildings.
Learn about Legionella testing HERE.
Learn about residential indoor mold and mold air sample results HERE.
Baumholder, Smith Barracks, Elementary School, Bldg. 8033 and Bldg. 8033A, were recently tested for radon and findings were just slightly above the remediation action threshold level (see accompanying PDF test results). Findings were predominantly insignificant radon exceedance of the threshold level of 4 pCi/L in 9 of 24 rooms within the elementary school (Bldg. 8033 and 8033A). Although the results partially exceed the threshold level, there is no immediate health risk.
Read about radon, radon testing and radon mitigation HERE.
Get information about waste management on our RECYCLING page.