Fort McCoy has many services available to Veterans and Retirees:
- Fort McCoy Retirement Services Office - click here to be redirected to the Fort McCoy RSO page.
- Fort McCoy Commissary - click here to be redirected to the Fort McCoy Commissary page.
- Fort McCoy AAFES Exchange - click here to be redirected to the Fort McCoy AAFES page. ⚠
La Crosse Vet Center
Vet Centers are community-based counseling centers that provide a wide range of social and psychological services, including professional readjustment counseling to eligible Veterans, active duty service members, including National Guard and Reserve components, and their families. All services are strictly confidential.
- 20 Copeland Ave., La Crosse, WI 54603, Phone: 608-782-4403; For assistance after hours, weekends, and holidays call: 1-877-WAR-VETS
Mobile Vet Center
The Mobile Vet Center is a large mobile vehicle with space for confidential counseling and are used to provide outreach to eligible individuals in communities that are distant from existing services. MVCs can access records through encrypted connection. With this capability, the MVC can often be found at Fort McCoy in the PX parking lot during the busy training season. All services are strictly confidential.
Veterans Benefits Administration
- Click here to learn more about specific benefits available to Veterans from the Federal Veterans Benefits Administraion.
VA Home Loans
- Click here to learn more about the VA Home Loan Program.
Post-9/11 G.I. Bill
- Click here to learn more about the Post-9/11 G.I. Bill.
VA Disability Process
- VA Disability Claim - click here to be redirected to the VA Disability Process page.
- Enroll in VA Health Care - click here to enroll in the VA Health System.
- Tomah Veterans Affairs Medical Center at 500 E. Veterans St.; Tomah, Wis., 54660. (888-598-7793); Urgent Care Clinic Hours: Monday-Friday (0700-1900) and Saturday-Sunday (0700-1700), except on federal holidays.
- Tomah Veterans Affairs Medical Center 24-hour nurse: 608-372-1177 (M-F, 0800-1630) or 800-872-8662 X17066 (Evenings and Weekends).
State of Wisconsin Veteran Benefits
The state of Wisconsin has long offered outstanding benefits to Veterans from the state, including education benefits, employment assistance, fee waivers for professional licenses and many others. Disabled Veterans area also eligible to receive reduced State Parks passes, reduced fishing and hunting licencses.
- Wisconsin G.I. Bill - click here.
- Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources Veterans Beneifts page - click here.
- Wisconsin Department of Veterans Affairs Programs, Benefits and Services Brochure - click here.
County Veteran Service Officers
- County Veterans Service Officers - to find a CVSO in your state, click the state below. If your state isn't listed, google your state's name and Veteran Service Officers for a list.
Other Veterans Resources
- Additional Veterans Resources can be located here.
|⚠ = Link to a non-governmental site. IMCOM is not responsible for the content of links outside home.army.mil.|