To provide emergency management services covering all hazards events, incidents, and exercises in support of the five mission areas of Prevention, Protection, Mitigation, Response, and Recovery (P2MR2), aligning and synchronizing the 27 Core Capabilities with the 12 Army Pillars of Protection.
The FHL Emergency management Office is the organization and management of resources and responsibilities for dealing with all aspects of emergencies (preparedness, response and recovery.) The aim is to reduce the harmful effects of all hazards, including disasters. The Emergency Management Office:
- Coordinates various emergency response programs with federal, state and local entities
- Is the liaison officer between Fort Hunter Liggett and other governmental and private entities
- Serves as a senior member of the day-to-day core Emergency Operations Center staff
- Works under the Directorate of Plans, Training, Mobilization and Security
- Involved in discussions of major policies, programs and planning to accomplish the work
Community Preparedness capability assures everyone within the FHL community is fully aware and trained on how to prevent, protect, mitigate, respond and recover for all threats and hazards. Ready Army is the Army's proactive campaign to increase the resilience of the Army community and enhance readiness by informing Soldiers, Families, Army Civilians, and contractors of relevant hazards and encouraging them to prepare an dmeregency kit, make a plan, and be informed.