Vision: Be the premier education enterprise solution within the Department of Defense.
Mission: The Army Continuing Education System (ACES) promotes lifelong learning, readiness and resilience through flexible and relevant education programs, services and systems in support of the Total Army family.
Message from your USAG Humphreys Education Center:
Army Education Counselors are conducting face-to-face counseling for pre-separation and out-processing ONLY until further notice. All other counseling will be conducted by phone or email. You may contact us by DSN at 315-755-3600, from a cell phone at 0503-355-3600 or you can send an e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Education counseling and tuition assistance guidance
- Unit Briefs - Education Counselors can come to your unit to conduct educational services briefings or a customized briefing depending on your unit’s needs. To request this service, complete the Unit Brief Request Form (click here) and email to email@example.com.
- Classroom Reservations – Email us for more information
- Multi-Use Learning Facility (MLF) - CAC & NIPR access required. Open Mon.-Wed. & Fri. 9 a.m. - 4:00p.m., Thur. 1 - 4:00 p.m.
Soldiers can request Tuition Assistance (TA) once the TA program is made available, updates can be found on our Facebook page and email updates will be sent via Army Career Tracker. Soldiers can create their ArmyIgnitED accounts by visiting the website below and clicking on the “Get Started” button.
Find us on Facebook at:
Basic Skills Education Program (BSEP)
BSEP provides academic instruction to support Soldier’s job-related learning performance of military duties, career progression, and lifelong learning. BSEP curriculum and instruction develops skills in such areas as reading, mathematical computation, writing, speaking, science, English as a second language, and computer skills (depending on format).
There are two courses available, online or on-duty:
- On-Duty instruction: Face to face, instructor led course covering 3 specific content areas ONLY: Word Knowledge, Paragraph Comprehension, and Arithmetic Reasoning. Classes are two weeks in duration from 0830-1630. Registration is required in advance with the Education Center.
- Online Academic Skills Course: specifically created to build academic skills needed to improve ASVAB (AFCT) scores. No advance registration is required. App available for download: www.dantes.petersons.com
Upcoming Class Dates:
All BSEP classes are full for this year. More information forthcoming for 2022 BSEP enrollment.
Army Personnel Testing
Army Personnel Testing (APT) is by appointment ONLY.
- Review the test calendars below (subject to change without notice).
- Download DA 4187 (see links below), complete and get signed by Commander.
- Email your completed DA 4187 and preferred dates to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The test examiner will review your request and email a confirmation that the test has been scheduled or will ask for additional information.
Note: Allow up to three business days to receive a response to your email inquiries.
- Armed Forces Classification Test (AFCT) DA 4187 PDF
- Defense Language Aptitude Battery (DLAB) DA 4187 PDF
- Defense Language Proficiency Test (DLPT) DA 4187 PDF
- Oral Proficiency Interview (OPI) DA 4187 and OPI Request Form (Requires a score of 3/3 on lower range DLPT unless requested language is not available as DLPT) PDF
- OPI Standard Request Form (Must be submitted with OPI DA 4187 request form) PDF
- Selection Instrument for Flight Training (SIFT) DA 4187 (Requires a GT Score of 110 or above)PDF
National Test Center
National Test Centers (NTCs) offer on-site testing services to include College Level Examination Program (CLEP), DANTES Subject Standardized Tests (DSST), and Pearson VUE online examinations and certifications. Availability of exams is specific to your location. Please contact your NTC to see what is offered.
On Post Colleges/Universities
University of Maryland Global Campus
Mon. - Fri. 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
FACEBOOK: https://www.facebook.com/UMGCKorea/ ⚠
WEBSITE: https://asia.umgc.edu/index.cfm ⚠
Currently working remotely. Email for more information.
FACEBOOK: https://www.facebook.com/troyuniversityhumphreys/ ⚠
WEBSITE: https://www.troy.edu/about-us/troy-support-centers/pacific-support-centers/ ⚠
Embry Riddle Aeronautical University
Currently working remotely on Mon., Wed. and Fri. 8:30 a.m. – 16:30 p.m.
Office Hours Tues. and Thur 8:30 a.m. – 16:30 p.m.
WEBSITE: https://worldwide.erau.edu/locations/camp-humphreys ⚠
- Army Tuition Assistance: https://www.armyignited.com/app/ ⚠
- Tuition Assistance (TA) DECIDE: Find TA eligible schools https://www/dodmou.com/TADECIDE ⚠
- Army COOL Credentialing Opportunities Online: https://www.cool.osd.mil/army/index.htm
- DANTES: http://www.dantes.doded.mil/
- Joint Services Transcript: https://jst.doded.mil/
- Veterans Affairs Education Page (GI BILL): https://www.va.gov/education/about-gi-bill-benefits/
- GI Bill Comparison Tool: https://www.va.gov/gi-bill-comparison-tool/
- Online Academic Skills Course (OASC): Improve GT scores and achieve college readiness- https://dantes.petersons.com ⚠