The Army’s housing privatization program, known as Residential Communities Initiative, or RCI, is an essential component of the Army’s overall acquisition strategy for meeting its family housing needs. It relies on partnership relations between the Army and the private sector capital and expertise to operate, manage, maintain, improve, renovate and construct military housing for families on military installations in the United States.
If you are looking for a document or other products that are not currently online, please call (808) 655-7699 to have a copy emailed to you.
RCI Roles & Responsibilities:
- Serves as the garrison commander’s chief advisor on the RCI company (Island Palm Communities⚠).
- Supports RCI company compliance, partnering and project review visits.
- Ensures RCI company complies with all Department of Defense, Department of Army, Army Materiel Command, Installation Management Command and congressional reporting requirements.
- Provide support and advocacy for service members and families regarding resident issues that cannot be resolved by the property manager; resolve resident complaints that come to the Army Housing Office, request assistance from the garrison commander when necessary to resolve a resident issue.
- Ensure oversight of displaced resident process and procedures and assist Soldiers and families as necessary
Useful Links and Phone Numbers:
- 24/7 Command Hotline: (808) 656-3279
- Housing Environmental Health Response Registry 24/7 resource, available at 1-800-984-8523
- How to: Resolve Maintenance Issues
- Island Palm Communities Resident Guide⚠
- Army Public Health Center
- Report feral animal activity to (808) 787-1275
- Report feeding of feral animals to (808) 655-5555 (North) or (808) 438-7114 (South)
- Report abandoned vehicles to (808) 655-5555(North) or (808) 438-7114 (South)
- Report crimes or suspicious behavior to (808) 655-5555(North) or (808) 438-7114 (South)
- Report pot holes and road hazards to (808) 787-1275
- Ask the Garrison Commander
- Inspector General: (808) 655-0847 or (808) 787-3170