Michael S. Amarosa
Michael S. Amarosa, CMCE, is originally from Utica, New York, and has been a leader with Installation Management Command since 2002. Amarosa’s civilian career spans almost 24 years and includes civilian service to the U.S. Marine Corps and the U.S. Army. His experiences and accomplishments encompass numerous levels of base operations at the installation, regional command and headquarters levels.
Serves as the senior civilian and primary official in support to the garrison commander providing leadership and program guidance for operations in the areas of public works; human resources; operations planning, training, mobilization and security, including anti-terrorism and force protection; plans, analysis, and integration; resource management; family and morale, welfare and recreation; emergency services; postal; religious support; public affairs; equal opportunity; internal review and safety. Amarosa is responsible to lead an exceptional team of professionals and provide unparalleled service in order to ensure combat ready Soldiers, quality infrastructure and ensuring comprehensive family support services to active duty, retirees, civilians and family members within U.S. Army Hawaii communities.
Amarosa holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Criminal Justice and a Master of Arts degree in Security Management. Amarosa has earned the designation of Certified Military Community Executive, or CMCE, and is certified in Business Process Reengineering, or BPR. In addition, he has completed the professional development of the Army Civilian Training, Education and Development System for Career Program 29 & 51, the Civilian Education System at the Army Management Staff College through the senior leaders program and is an alumni of the Asia-Pacific Center for Security Studies. Amarosa proudly serves as a member in the U.S. Army Expeditionary Civilian Workforce.
- October 2019 – May 2020*: Area Support Group-Balkans, Camp Bondsteel, Kosovo (ECW), Deputy to the Commander
- September 2017-present: U.S. Army Garrison Hawaii, Deputy to the Garrison Commander
- April 2015-September 2017: Installation Management Command Pacific, Director, Family and MWR
- November 2011-April 2015: U.S. Army Garrison Hawaii, Director, Family and MWR
- February 2009-November 2011: U.S. Army Garrison Fort Bragg, Chief Operating Officer, Family and MWR
- January 2008-February 2009: U.S. Army Garrison Fort Bragg, Business Operations Director, Family and MWR
- October 2002-January 2008: Installation Management Command, G9, Senior Business Analyst, Family and MWR Command
- January 1997-October 2002: Head, Business Operations (F&H), U.S. Marine Corps MCCS-South Carolina
Awards and Honors:
- The Order of the White Plume (September 2017)
- Superior Civilian Service Medals (3 - May 2011, August 2017, and September 2017)
- Commanders Award for Civilian Service, (2 - May 2014 and June 2018)
- Stalwart Award, Installation Management Command (December 2013)
- Achievement Medal for Civilian Service (May 2010)
- Department of Defense Excellence Award for Outstanding Leadership- Office of the Secretary of Defense (May 2000)