Michael S. Amarosa
Michael S. Amarosa is originally from Utica, New York, and has been a leader with Installation Management Command since 2002. Amarosa’s civilian career spans over 21 years and includes civilian service to the U.S. Marine Corps and the U.S. Army. His experiences and accomplishments encompass numerous levels of operations at the garrison, region and headquarters levels.
Amarosa serves as the senior civilian and primary official in support to the garrison commander in providing leadership and program guidance for operations in the areas of operations, training, mobilization and security, including anti-terrorism and force protection; public works; human resources; plans, analysis, and integration; resource management; family and morale, welfare and recreation; emergency services; postal; religious support; public affairs; equal opportunity; internal review and safety. Amarosa is responsible to lead an exceptional team of Installation Management Command professionals and provide unparalleled service in order to ensure combat ready Soldiers, quality infrastructure and ensuring comprehensive family support services to active duty, retirees, civilians, and family members within the U.S. Army Hawaii community.
Amarosa holds a Bachelor of Science degree in criminal justice and a Master of Arts degree in security management. He has earned the designation of Certified Military Community Executive and is certified in business process re-engineering. In addition to his educational degrees, he has completed the professional development of the Army Civilian Training, Education and Development System for career programs 29 and 51; Garrison Leaders Course; and the Civilian Education System at the Army Management Staff College through the Continuing Education for Senior Leaders program.
- September 2017-present: U.S. Army Garrison Hawaii, Deputy Garrison Commander
- April 2015-September 2017: Installation Management Command Pacific, Director, Family and MWR
- November 2011-April 2015: U.S. Army Garrison Hawaii, Director, Family and MWR
- February 2009-November 2011: U.S. Army Garrison Fort Bragg, Chief Operating Officer, Family and MWR
- January 2008-February 2009: U.S. Army Garrison Fort Bragg, Business Operations Director, Family and MWR
- October 2002-January 2008: Installation Management Command, G9, Senior Business Analyst, Family and MWR Command
- January 1997-October 2002: Head, Business Operations (F&H), U.S. Marine Corps MCCS-South Carolina
Awards and Honors:
- The Order of the White Plume (September 2017)
- Superior Civilian Service Medals (3 - May 2011, August 2017, and September 2017)
- Commanders Award for Civilian Service, (2 - May 2014 and June 2018)
- Stalwart Award, Installation Management Command (December 2013)
- Achievement Medal for Civilian Service (May 2010)
- Department of Defense Excellence Award for Outstanding Leadership- Office of the Secretary of Defense (May 2000)