The Casualty Assistance Center serves as the primary point of contact for surviving spouses or other family members of active duty and retired service members.

The staff handles notification of next-of-kin, coordinates casualty assistance officers, and briefs surviving family members on their benefits. The Casualty Assistance Center also arranges military honors with funeral homes for all deceased Army personnel (active duty, retirees, veterans).

Training for Casualty Notification/Assistance Officers must attend a three-day certification course prior to performing these services. The Casualty Assistance Center's training instructor offers the course every month.

FY23 Schedule

To register for this course, visit or call (808) 655-1560 for additional information.

Claim of Indebtedness:

The Commander of the United States Army Pacific regrets to announce the death of SGT Jan Michael Ramboyon.  CPT Joshua Bieger has been appointed as the Summary Court Martial Officer and will settle all claims for or against the estate of SGT Jan Michael Ramboyon. Anyone owing money or having a just claim for or against the estate of SGT Jan Michael Ramboyon should contact CPT Joshua Bieger at

All military dependent deaths are reportable deaths. Anytime a dependent dies, report the death to the Casualty Assistance Center as soon as possible.

The Casualty Assistance Center will assist the Soldier and family with all family life claims, and provide them with a list of mortuaries located on Oahu. Shipment of remains is reimbursable.

Contact us at (808) 655-5643.

Surviving spouses of active duty and retired Soldiers may receive casualty assistance through three methods:

1. Live Assistance. The benefits coordinator serves as a survivor's advocate who processes benefit claims, coordinates services from support organizations, and answers questions related to entitlements.

2. Guided Assistance. The Casualty Assistance Center can also arrange for a casualty assistance officer to visit the survivor at a location of choice. The casualty assistance officer will assist with completion of the forms and serve as a liaison between the survivor and the Benefits Coordinator.

3. Distance Assistance. The benefits coordinator will mail the survivor the customized packet of forms and information which pertain to the survivor's specific situation. The survivor can mail the forms directly to individual offices or return the entire packet to the benefits coordinator for processing.

Contact the benefits coordinator at (808) 655-5643 or

The Department of Defense is responsible for providing military funeral honors to veterans who have defended our great nation.

Burial flags are provided by the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs at no cost. Most veterans are entitled to burial flags. Only one burial flag may be provided per veteran.

Flags may be obtained from any VA Regional Office and most U.S. Post Offices by completing a VA Form 27-2008 Application for United States Flag for Burial Purposes and submitting it with a copy of the veteran’s discharge papers at either location for family-arranged funeral services.

Funeral home directors may also obtain a burial flag on behalf of the deceased military member.

To schedule military funeral honors one can contact your local funeral home.

Contact us at (808) 655-5124 for all military funeral honors requests.

The Mortuary Affairs Coordinator ensures the proper care and disposition of a Soldier's remains and personal effects.

The Casualty Assistance Center also prepares orders for eligible survivors to travel at government expense to their Soldier's funeral and/or unit memorial.

Contact us (808) 655-4259 or