Vehicles Registration

Department of Defense ID cardholders in Germany (service members, family members, and assigned civilians and some contractors) are allowed to register their personally-owned vehicles (POV) with the U.S. Military. These vehicles are not subject to German taxes or German vehicle registration.

Vehicles brought from the U.S., or purchased locally, must be registered with USAREUR. All shipped vehicles and used vehicles purchased in Germany must pass a safety inspection before they can be registered.

Personnel leaving (ETS or PCS) or individuals who have lost logistical support must turn in their Stuttgart (S), Boeblingen (BB) plates to vehicle registration (not MP Station) prior to leaving the Stuttgart community.

Vehicle Registration Online Appointment

If you have questions pertainiing to vehicle registration, email us

 Vehicle Registration Services Checklists

The following checklists will help you prepare for the most common Vehicle Registration transactions: The lists are currerntly being updated to reflect requirements needed for contractors to register vehicles. Updates are also being made to reflect new operating hours and telephone numbers. Please refer the to the Vehicle Registration informaiton box to the right for current operating hours and telephone numbers.

The following is a list of waivers and memorandums that can be used for certain situations.


Other Helpful Information


Vehicle Inspection

All CAC holders can sign up for a Privately Owned Vehicle inspection online. Customers should arrive at least 10 minutes prior to their appointment time and bring a copy of their appointment confirmation. Customers who are not available at the time of their appointment will lose their appointment and a customer on the stand-by list will be seen. As a courtesy to other customers, please cancel your appointment if you are not able to attend at your scheduled appointment time.

 Vehicle Inspection Online Appointment

USAREUR Driver's License and fuel

DoD ID card holders are eligible to obtain a USAREUR (United States Army, Europe) driver's license. With this license, ID card holders are authorized to drive a USAREUR-plated vehicle or other German-registered vehicles. They are also authorized to purchase a limited amount of gasoline or diesel fuel without paying taxes.

Drivers Testing Online

    • Under Course Catalog, ensure “courses” tab is selected. Select “USA” from drop down.
    • Enter 007 in course number field. Click search
    • Enroll. Take USA-007 “U.S. Forces Driver’s Training Program for Europe”.
    • Take exam USA-007-B “U.S. Forces Driver’s Training Program for Europe”.
    • Print certificate and take to DRIVERS TESTING STATION

Drivers Testing at Panzer Kaserne

Members of the U.S. Forces and the civilian component (including Family members of both) assigned or employed in Germany. Members of the U.S. Forces and the civilian component in Germany on official temporary duty (TDY) may apply for and be granted certificates of license to operate U.S.- Forces-registered privately owned vehicles (POVs). - More Information

Requirements to apply for a GOV/TMP/NTV license