Our Mission

To serve and protect the Fort Stewart and Hunter Army Airfield community by fostering a safe and secure environment. A premier team of integrated professionals committed to preparing for the unforeseen, preventing the avoidable, responding to any emergency and capable of restoring normalcy through rapid recovery.










Traffic Survey June 2-14
Directorate or Emergency Services is consolidating services:
Please visit the PMO desk clerk located at bldg. 280 for all Police  Administrative Services to include: Clearing, Weapons Registration, Police Records and Background Checks. For more information call 912-767-4264/9629. 
Animal Control

Important Information

Visitor's Pass Request
Gates Hours of Operations

State Carry Act Does Not Apply on Post

The recently passed Georgia Constitutional Carry Act does not apply to Fort Stewart-Hunter Army Airfield or any Army installation in Georgia. Per Army Regulation 190-11, the carrying of privately owned weapons and ammunition is prohibited on post unless authorized by the Senior Commander. Also, the carrying of a concealed weapon on the installation is prohibited regardless of whether a state or county permit has been obtained. For questions about the regulation or how to register personally owned weapons on post, call the Directorate of Emergency Services at 767-2285.

Frequently Asked Questions

How do I get on post if I don't have a Military ID?

You must apply for a visitors pass. The process is outlined to the bottom right of the Visitor-Information page.

Can I get on post with a dependent Military ID?

Yes. There is no need to stop at the Visitor Control Center if you have a dependent ID. Simply show your ID when driving through the gate.

What if I forgot my CAC or ID?

You have to go to the Visitor Control center to get a visitor pass if you don't have your military ID - or you can ask someone to bring it to you.

Do my passengers need a military ID?

All non-affiliated personnel, must have a visitor’s pass and government issued photo ID in lieu of a military ID. The three steps for receiving a pass are listed bottom right of the Visitor-Information page.

Do my passengers need to get a background check?

All personnel gaining access to Fort Stewart and Hunter Army Airfield are required to have a military ID or a visitor pass. Background checks are completed when passes are processed.

Can I apply for a pass in advance?

Yes! You can apply for a visitors pass up to 30 days in advance. Call the MP desk for details.

What if my children have military IDs but I don't? Can I still get on post?

Yes, but you will need to get a pass through the visitors center.

I work for a Federal Agency. Is my ID valid?

Department of Defense (DOD) ID cards are accepted for access to the installation. All personnel are required to have a DOD ID card or a pass in order to be granted access.

I'm a state official with identification. Do I need a visitor pass?

Department of Defense (DOD) ID cards are accepted for access to the installation. All personnel are required to have a DOD ID card or a pass in order to be granted access.

Are the rules different for bike-riders?

No. All persons, including bike riders, either need a CAC or a visitor pass to get on post.

Can I use my VA ID to get on post?

No. Your Veterans Administration ID with photo is not acceptable credential for access. Please visit the Visitor Control Center.

Can I use my Gold Star ID to get on post?

No. The Gold Star ID is not an acceptable form of identification for entry to the installation.

What if I'm getting married on post?

Provide a by name list of ALL guests, caters, etc. to the Visitor Control Center 2 weeks in advance. All visitors on the list will require proper identification or a DoD escort.

Are motor homes allowed on post?