FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
It will take you 4 days to in-process and you MUST be in uniform (OCP, boots, PC).
PT is every morning from 0630-0730 while in-processing and you need to be in PT uniform.
Drinking alcohol is prohibited to all Soldiers at the MRC. No drinking in the barracks, at bars, etc.
The original copy of your signed DA-31
1 copy of the orders that brought you to FS/HAAF
1 copy of any amendments
Copy of any profile (if applicable)
- MRC personnel can pick you up from the airport. Normal shuttle times are: 1100-1300, 1800-1900, and 2300-0100
- Shuttles only occur if the MRC Staff Duty-desk has been informed that there is people needing shuttle transportation.
- Taxi fare from the Savannah-Hilton Head Airport will cost approximately $75, which is reimbursable with a receipt.
You must sign in to the MRC no later than 2359 on the day your leave ends as annotated on your DA 31 ~OR~ the report date annotated on the official orders bringing you to FS/HAAF (WHICHEVER IS EARLIER).
No, you can report in either civilian clothes or uniform.
- Single Soldiers (E1-E5) will be assigned an MRC barracks room upon arrival.
- Soldiers receiving BAH will NOT reside in the barracks unless request is approved by the MRC Commander and will only be in cases of severe extenuating circumstances.
- Privatized housing is available on post for single and unaccompanied SSGs and above.
- You are NOT authorized PTDY for house hunting while in-processing at the MRC. PTDY will be granted at your gaining unit after in-processing.
Sponsors should make telephonic contact with incoming Soldiers by the end of Day 1 In-Processing. Sponsors are welcome to make face-to-face contact at any time, as long as it doesn’t impede in-processing activities.”
Still have questions?
MRC starts a new cycle of incoming Soldiers everyday. Below is the schedule by day number, but this is what we do weekly:
Every Tuesday, 1500, Division Patching Ceremony
Every Friday (or last duty day) Saftey briefing
PT every morning at 0630!