MISSION: The mission of U.S. Army Garrison Rheinland-Pfalz Retirement Services Program is to keep retired Soldiers and their family members updated on their benefits and entitlements after retirement with the goal of ensuring retiring and retired Soldiers remain Soldiers for Life and support the Army wherever they live.
- Annual retiree appreciation days
- Support installation retired Soldier councils
- Retirement services for retired Soldiers and surviving spouses
- Advise and assist retired Soldiers and their spouses in applying for benefits
- Advise retired Soldiers and family members how to obtain copies of lost documents (i.e., DD Form 214, DD Form 220 (Active Duty Report), retirement orders and medical records), reissued military awards and military identification cards
- Provide retired Soldiers and their families with information and referrals for benefits/entitlements provided by the Department of Veterans Affairs, TRICARE, Social Security, Medicare and other providers
- Inform retired Soldiers of their eligibility to receive employment services on a space available basis for the rest of their lives
- Use the DRAS to resolve pay matters and update personal information for retired Soldiers, family members and survivors
- Advise and assist retired Soldiers in maintaining their SBP and RCSBP elections
- Counsel and assist survivors of retired Soldiers and Soldiers who die on active duty about their SBP options and entitlements, and the proper processing of their SBP applications including counseling about VA Dependency and Indemnity Compensation and its relationship to SBP
- Provide information and filing assistance for the Annuity for Certain Military Surviving Spouses
Please contact the Post-Retirement Services Program Manager to volunteer for positions (listed below). You will receive credit for volunteering through the Army One Source program. All volunteer hours need to be sent to the Program Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Co-Chairperson, KMC Retiree Council or Heidelberg SFL-Retired Soldiers Council
- Retiree Council Secretary
- Retiree Council Member-At-Large
- "What Family Members Should Know" (Surviving Spouse Workshop)
- Bi-monthly luncheons
- Retiree outreach activities
Army Retirement Services (Army Echoes)
MyPay (Defense Finance and Accounting Service -- DFAS)
MyPay (instructional video)
Social Security (instructional video)
DS Logon (instructional video)
Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) -- Veterans Administration is accessed via DS Logon and eBenefits (you must be enrolled in DEERS).
To receive notifications on retiree news, events, meetings and meeting minutes of the retiree council, please contact us to request that your email be added to our distribution list.