Forms of ID required if you are:

Family Member

  • Must have two valid unexpired forms of identification AND one of the following:
    • Sponsor
    • DD Form 1172 (ID Card Application ) signed by the sponsor and a verifying official or Notary Public
    • Valid Power of Attorney (PoA)


  • Retirement Orders or DD Form 214 (Copy 4).  Reserve/National Guard need Orders/Letter transferring to Retired List and authorized retired pay.
  • If Medicare eligible, must present Medicare card
  • Must present two valid, unexpired forms of identification


100% Disabled

  • Letter from VA showing member as an honorably discharged veteran rated as 100% service-connected, authorizing commissary and exchange privileges
  • DD Form 214 (Copy 4)
  • Must present two valid, unexpired forms of identification

Full-time Students

  • Sponsor must provide more than 50% support - must be stated in block 89 of DD 1172
  • Letter from Student Registrar's office or National Clearinghouse (Enrollment Verification Certificate) that states the following: Full-time status, obtaining associates degree or higher, anticipated graduation date, AND must present two valid, unexpired forms of identification.