Our mission is to provide quality service to all Military Personnel, Family Members, DoD Civilian Employees, Contractors, Retired Military and Retired Civilian Employees. Services include the issuance of Identification Cards for Members of the Uniformed Services, DEERS records updates, and ID Tags.
OUR BASIC PROCEDURES
Customers are serviced on a walk-in basis. Customers must present valid identification and required documentation. Sponsors must accompany their Family members at all times. However, this facility does accept power of attorney in the absence of the Sponsor, or a DD Form 1172-2 that is generated by a DEERS/ID Cards Facility or online by visiting: https://www.dmdc.osd.mil/self_service/rapids/ and follow the steps to generate a DD Form 1172-2. You must have a CAC reader to complete the DD Form 1172-2 online. The form has to be generated within 30 days prior to your appointment.
DOCUMENTATION REQUIRED FOR ID CARD ISSUANCE
CAC: Active Duty, Reserve, Guard, Civilian, Contractor, NAF, and AAFES
- Promotion orders, E4 or above (if rank change)
- Two valid forms of ID (Acceptable Proof of Identity Documentation).
- Enterprise email address if Department of Army (mail.mil) - not required for CAC issuance
- Contractors must be verified in CVS (every time a card is issued)
Retired Military: DD Form 214 or retirement orders and two valid forms of ID
Individual Ready Reserve (IRR): DD Form 214 and two valid forms of ID
Dependent ID: **Sponsors must accompany their Family members at all times. However, this facility does accept power of attorney in the absence of the Sponsor, or a DD Form 1172 that is generated by a DEERS/ID Cards Facility within the last 90 days.
- Spouse – Two valid forms of ID (Medicare Card if turning age 65).
- Un-remarried Widow – Two valid forms of ID (Medicare Card if turning age 65).
- Former Spouse – Two valid forms of ID (Medicare Card if turning age 65).
- Dependent under age 18 - No ID necessary
- Dependent over age 21 – (Student) – Two valid forms of ID, Letter from school registrar office stating full time enrollment (Verification from Clearing House is also acceptable), and the expected graduation date at accredited college.
- Dependent over age 21 – (Incapacitated Child) – Two valid forms of ID, Current Dependency Determination* Medical Sufficiency Letter
- Other Dependent – (Parent, Parent-in-Law, etc) – Two valid forms of ID, Current Dependency Determination.
*Dependency Determination must be completed every four years or status change)
DAV (initial issuance): Two valid forms of ID, letter from VA stating member is 100%
WAYS TO VERIFY AND UPDATE DEERS
ONLINE: You have two options for updating personal information online:
- Visit the DEERS Web Site at: HTTPS://WWW.DMDC.OSD.MIL/APPJ/ADDRESS and follow the steps to update your address, email address, and phone numbers on line. (MUST have CAC or DFAS PIN)
- Via the Beneficiary Web Enrollment Web Site at: HTTPS://WWW.DMDC.OSD.MIL/APPJ/BWE/INDEXACTION.DO This site is linked directly to the DEERS database, so when you update your information via this portal, it not only updates DEERS, but also with your regional contractor. (MUST have a CAC or DFAS PIN)
BY PHONE: Call the Defense Manpower Data Center Support Office at 1-800-538-9552 to update your addresses, email address, and phone number. (TTY/TDD for the deaf: 1-866-363-2883)
IN PERSON: To add or remove Family members, visit a local DEERS office. You can search for an office near you by visiting HTTP://WWW.DMDC.OSD.MIL/RSL/
REQUIREMENTS FOR DEERS ENROLLMENT
To be considered sufficiently dependent upon the Sponsor, the claimed dependent’s qualifying income must be less than 50% of his/her expenses and the member's contribution must exceed 50% of the dependent's expenses. This can include:
- Parent, parent-in-law, step-parent, parent by adoption, or any person who stood in loco parentis to the member for at least five years prior to the member's emancipation.