The Directorate of Emergency Services (DES) provides effective, high quality and rapid public safety, security and emergency response services in order to protect the Presidio of Monterey’s protected populace from criminal, terrorist, accidental and natural threats/events.
- The sanctity and protection of human life and adherence to constitutional principles as our highest priorities.
- The high level of professional and personal excellence demonstrated by our employees.
- Improvement through technology, creative thinking and planning, efficient and prudent use of budget appropriations and thorough, ongoing evaluations of our people and systems.
- Solving public safety problems and concerns in collaboration with the community.
- The delegation of responsibility and authority, accompanied by accountability, to the lowest practical level with a proper balance of follow-up and management control.
- Remaining sensitive to human needs and treating each person with respect, compassion and dignity.
- Approaching each situation as unique and responding creatively with empathy and the prudent use of discretion.
- Promoting mutual trust between the Directorate and the citizens and institutions of the Presidio of Monterey and Ord Military Community.
- Enhancing the safety and sense of security for residents, employees, and visitors alike.
- Fostering a quality work environment that encourages open communications and affords trust, respect and support for each DPS employee.
- Each of our employee's contributions to the effectiveness of our organization and their involvement in decision making.
- Employee opportunities for advancement, specialized training and assignments, and individual growth based on performance and a demonstrated ability to handle additional responsibility