Webmaster - Important Notices
Information Systems Authorized Use Notice
You are accessing a U. S. Government (USG) Information System (IS) that is provided for USG-authorized use only. By using this IS (which includes any device attached to this IS), you consent to the following conditions:
The USG routinely intercepts and monitors communications on this IS for purposes including, but not limited to, penetration testing, COMSEC monitoring, network operations and defense, personnel misconduct (PM), law enforcement (LE), and counterintelligence (CI) investigations.
At any time, the USG may inspect and seize data stored on this IS.
Communications using, or data stored on, this IS are not private, are subject to routine monitoring, interception, and search, and may be disclosed or used for any USG-authorized purpose.
This IS includes security measures (e.g., authentication and access controls) to protect USG interests--not for your personal benefit or privacy.
Notwithstanding the above, using this IS does not constitute consent to PM, LE or CI investigative searching or monitoring of the content of privileged communications, or work product, related to personal representation or services by attorneys, psychotherapists, or clergy, and their assistants. Such communications and work product are private and confidential.
Website Purpose Statement
Fort McCoy's public web site, https://home.army.mil/mccoy, is Fort McCoy's communication tool to maintain a connection with the public and the global audience 24/7/365. This website will enhance understanding of Fort McCoy's strategic vision, missions, and roles supporting America's armed forces.
Information available at https://home.army.mil/mccoy is consistent with Army and DoD policies and contains information cleared for public release. Information about Family and Morale, Welfare and Recreation programs and opportunities at Fort McCoy is available at www.mccoymwr.com.
Fort McCoy's publicly accessible website provides:
- Our work force, Soldiers, and external public stakeholders with an overview of Fort McCoy, its mission, vision, and successes.
- An additional means to formally communicate with government officials, media, local leaders, and citizens, and deliver key messages about the installation.
- Current and potential customers with an additional source in which to find online information and points of contact.
- An additional means for anyone to conveniently communicate with us, from anywhere in the world, 24-hours a day, 7 days a week. If you have any questions or comments about the information presented here, please forward them to the Fort McCoy webmaster.
Fort McCoy's website is registered and listed on the Army A-Z index, http://www.army.mil/info/a-z/ .
Webmaster Contact Information
If you have any questions or comments about the information presented here, please forward them to email@example.com.
Freedom of Information Act
More information about the Freedom of Information Act is available at this link.
Reviewing and Posting of Information
All content, including links, appearing on https://home.army.mil/mccoy is evaluated for fairness and acceptability as being in the best interest of the public. The content will not exhibit hate, bias or discrimination. Website content will not contain misleading information or unsubstantiated claims, or be in conflict with Fort McCoy's stated mission or policies. All content goes through a review process prior to posting to ensure compliance with Department of Defense Web policy, Army Regulations 25-1 (Army Knowledge Management and Information Technology), 25-2 (Information Assurance), 530-1 (Operations and Signal Security), 360-1 (The Army Public Affairs Program) and other applicable DoD, Army, IMCOM and Fort McCoy policy and guidance regarding Web content. The Fort McCoy Public Affairs Officer is the overall Web-content manager.
Disclaimer of Endorsement
The information posted on the www.mccoy.army.mil website includes hypertext links, or pointers, to information created and maintained by other public and/or private organizations. This website provides these links and pointers only for your information and convenience. When you select a link to an outside website, you are leaving the www.mccoy.army.mil site and are subject to the privacy and security policies of the owners/sponsors of the outside website.
Fort McCoy does not control or guarantee the accuracy, relevance, timeliness, or completeness of information contained on a linked website.
Fort McCoy does not endorse the organizations sponsoring linked websites and does not endorse the views they express or the products/services they offer.
Fort McCoy cannot authorize the use of copyrighted materials contained in linked websites. Users must request such authorization from the sponsor of the linked website.
Fort McCoy is not responsible for transmissions users receive from linked websites.
Fort McCoy does not guarantee that outside websites comply with Section 508 (accessibility requirements) of the Rehabilitation Act.
Privacy and Security Notice
This site is provided as a public service by Fort McCoy, Wisconsin.
- Information presented on this site is considered public information and may be distributed or copied unless otherwise specified. Use of appropriate byline/photo/image credits is requested.
- For site management, information is collected for statistical purposes. This government computer system uses software programs to create summary statistics, which are used for such purposes as assessing what information is of most and least interest, determining technical design specifications, and identifying system performance or problem areas.
- For site security purposes and to ensure that this service remains available to all users, this government computer system employs software programs to monitor network traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information, or otherwise cause damage.
- Except for authorized law enforcement investigations, no other attempts are made to identify individual users or their usage habits. Raw data logs are used for no other purposes and are scheduled for regular destruction in accordance with National Archives and Records Administration guidelines.
- Unauthorized attempts to upload information or change information on this service are strictly prohibited and may be punishable under the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act of 1986 and the National Information Infrastructure Protection Act.
- If you have any questions or comments about the information presented here, please forward them to us using the Feedback page.
- The site does not use persistent cookies or any other automated means to track the activity of users over time and across websites
- Personal information:
- If you choose to provide us with personal information -- as in an e-mail to the Web Master or someone else, or by filling out a form with your personal information and submitting it to us through our website -- we use that information to respond to your message and to help us get you the information you have requested. We do not collect personal information for any purpose other than to respond to you. We only share the information you give us with another government agency if your inquiry relates to that agency, or as otherwise required by law. Moreover, we do not create individual profiles with the information you provide or to give it to any private organization. Fort McCoy does not collect information for commercial marketing.
Web Site Accessibility
Help Us Help You
We are striving to make this website accessible to all citizens.
We are on the road to implementation of Congressionally Mandated Requirements Concerning Access to Federal Information Technology by Members of the Public and Federal Employees with Disabilities (Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act).
If you should find an accessibility problem, i.e. unreadable file download, visual/multimedia presentation that is not adequately described, media that is not presented in a format that is readable by assistive technology, please contact us by sending an e-mail to the Fort McCoy Webmaster. We will do everything possible to find a solution to any accessibility problem should it arise.
This list will be updated frequently to reflect new technologies and other pertinent resources
- Department of Defense (DOD) Computer/Electronic Accommodation Program
- Federal Accessibility Initiative (Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act)
- General Services Administration (GSA) Center for Information Technology Accommodation Website
- Telephone Service for Speech and Hearing Impaired (Federal Information Relay Service)
- TTY/TDD Directory, U.S. Government