The Retirement Service Office provides quality service regarding benefits, entitlements, information and referral to retirees, their families as well as active duty Soldiers and their family members preparing for retirement. Retirement Services coordinates, conducts and facilitates detailed periodic Pre-Retirement group briefings for all retiring Soldiers per DA policy, which also strongly encourages family members to attend.
For more information on Dept. of the Army Retirement Services, please visit https://soldierforlife.army.mil/retirement/
For Veterans Affairs information visit https://www.va.gov/
Pre-Retirement Briefings: Please call the RSO at (804) 734-6973/7345 for an appointment.
Retirement Ceremonies: Please call the Installation Operations Center at (804) 765-1644 for more information.
Survivor Benefit Plan: Please call for an appointment.
- Coordinates, conducts, and facilitates detailed periodic pre-retirement and survivor benefit plan (SBP) group briefings for all retiring Soldiers; Family members are highly encouraged to attend).
- Counsels Soldiers and Family members concerning retirement rights, benefits, and privileges.
- Conducts one-on-one SBP counseling for all retiring Soldiers and their Family members.
- Conducts one-on-one (desk-side) pre-retirement briefings (mandatory).
- Assists retiring Soldiers and Family members with completion of the DD Form 2656 (Data for Payment of Retired Personnel).
- Processes the DD Form 2656 electronically using TRANSPROC to the Department of Defense Finance and Accounting Services, Cleveland (DFAS-CL).
- Provides CSB/REDUX retirement pay option counseling, and processing of the CSB/REDUX pay option election form, DD Form 2839 (If assigned as the Installation CSB/REDUX Program Manager).
- Other services and related information (if assigned those duties) related to pre-retirement services, such as retirement application processing, retirement orders and DD Form 214 processing, and final out-processing procedures.
- Counsels and assists survivors of retired Soldiers and survivors of Soldiers who died on active duty regarding their SBP options, entitlements, and the proper processing of their SBP elections. The session includes counseling on Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) Dependency and Indemnity Compensation (DIC) and its relationship to SBP.
- Publishes and posts retiree newsletters on the website.
- Publishes periodic articles for installation and local newspapers.
- Conducts an annual Retiree Appreciation Day (RAD).
- Provides information and filing assistance for the "Annuities for Certain Military Surviving Spouses" -or ACMSS, also known as "Forgotten Widows".
- Provides information and assistance to Soldiers, spouses, and former spouses regarding the Uniformed Services Former Spouse's Protection Act (USFSPA).
- Assists/advises retired Soldiers in understanding and applying for combat-related special compensation (CRSC).
- Provides information to retired Soldiers on concurrent retirement and disability payments (CRDP).
- Assists retired Soldiers and Family members in obtaining copies of lost documents (i.e., DD Form 214, retirement orders, and medical records), re-issuance of military awards, and issuance of military ID Cards.
- Provides retired Soldiers and their Families with information and referrals on a myriad of other benefits and entitlements such as Veterans Affairs (VA), TRICARE medical and dental, and Social Security and Medicare benefits.
- View retired Soldier’s pay account
- View annuitants pay account
- Change allotments
- Change beneficiary information
- Change mailing address
- Change bank information
- Change tax filing and withholding status
- Request copies of the 1099-R form for tax filing purposes
- Request copies of the Retired Account Statement
Events & Newsletters
Friday, February 26, 2021
8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Virtual Presentation Only
Retired Soldiers Appreciation Day
Friday, September 25, 2020,
1:00 p.m. until finished
Retired Soldiers Appreciation Day 2020 is virtual via a Facebook Watch Party!
Join us at https://facebook.com/armyfortlee.
Experts such as a TRICARE education specialist, the Retirement Services Office, and Fort Lee's Retired Soldiers Council will be online to provide live responses to any questions or comments posted.
- Army Community Services
- Army G1 Website
- Army Reserve Personnel Command
- Army Retirement Services
- Kenner Army Health Clinic: 1-866-645-4584
- Social Security Administration
- Soldier for Life-Transition Assistance Program
- Worldwide Relocation Information
- Worldwide Relocation Tools
- DD Form 2860 (Combat Related Special Compensation)
- Endorsement memorandum
- Officer retirement request