The mission of the installation safety office is to safeguard and protect service members, their families, civilian employees and Army and Air Force property across United States Army Garrison Italy. The office works to create the safest workplace and living environment possible.
Winter Driving Training
Driving a government car between Nov. 15 and April 15 requires the license to be stamped on the OF 346 and DA Form 348, by policy.
Print the certificate of training (last page in the presentations) and have it signed by your supervisor. The signed certificate needs to be returned to the garrison safety office or vehicle licensing office to receive the required stamps.
Winter Tires or Snow Chains Requirement in Italy
Valid in Italy from November 15 to April 15 of the following year; drivers are required to ensure vehicles are equipped with snow chains on board or winter tires suitable for driving on snow or ice.
• If you don’t want to change your summer tires, you must keep snow chains in your vehicle
• Also expectable is mounting winter tires with M+S indicator.
Safety Policy Letters
- USAG Italy SO Motorcycle Safety Policy.pdf - 3/7/22
- USAG Italy SO Risk Management Safety Policy.pdf - 1/15/21
- USAG Italy SO Explosives Safety Management Program.pdf - 1/15/21
- USAG Italy SO Hazardous Energy Policy Letter 24 Nov 2020.pdf - 1/15/21
- USAG Italy SO Hazardous Communication Policy Letter 21 Dec 2020.pdf - 1/15/21
- USAG Italy SO Commander Safety Policy Statement.pdf - 1/15/21