The Office of the Staff Judge Advocate for the 25th Infantry Division and Installation Legal Office for U.S. Army Hawaii provides a full range of legal services.

The judge advocates advise commanders on military justice, administrative and operational law matters; they advise and represent trial defense clients; and provide legal assistance to service members, retirees and their families across Hawaii.


Provide principled, quick, professional counsel and legal services in support of the 25th Infantry Division and U.S. Army Hawaii.


Remain a highly trained and values-based team of dedicated legal professionals who excel in our mission to extend the positive influence of standards and deliver maximum impact through legal services.


The following people are eligible for assistance from the Consolidated Legal Center (and must show a valid ID or orders): 

  1. Active component  service members with a current military ID and their dependents.
  2. Reserve component service members mobilized for at least 29 consecutive days and their dependents.  A copy of orders must be provided.
  3. Department of Defense civilian employees are only eligible for assistance on deployment matters and responses to Financial Liability Investigations of Property Loss.
  4. Active or reserve component veterans who are receiving military retirement or disability pay, and their dependents.
  5. The only individuals eligible for services without a military ID are:
    • Next of kin of service members who died in an active status are eligible for probate assistance;
    • Parents or guardians acting on behalf of a minor (the minor must have an ID card); and
    • Holders of a special power of attorney for a legal assistance service from a deployed service member acting on his or her behalf.

Department of Defense contractors are not eligible for legal assistance services in Hawaii.

Closing Tab


All legal assistance services are provided at no cost to the individual. If you have questions about any of our services please feel free to give us a call at (808) 655-8607.

Our attorneys provide legal guidance in the following areas:

  • Notary Services and Powers of Attorney: Notary services and powers of attorney are provided on a walk-in basis during all hours of operation. No appointments are needed. Please be advised that when requesting documents to be notarized you must sign the documents in front of the notary. We cannot notarize documents that have already been signed.
  • Family Law: We provide legal advice on marriage, annulment, separation, divorce, financial non-support, child custody and visitation, and paternity. We can also provide guidance on consent adoptions in the State of Hawaii. Our attorneys conduct a divorce and separation briefing at our office every Tuesday and Thursday at 1:30 p.m. Attendance at this briefing is mandatory before an initial meeting with an attorney on a divorce or separation issue.
  • Estates: Our office can draft a will, healthcare power of attorney, or living will to fit your needs. The estate planning process is a complicated process and requires multiple appointments with the client to ensure accuracy and that it meets the client’s needs. We do not draft living trusts (also known as inter vivos trusts).
  • Real Property: If you are a tenant on a lease we can assist with interpreting your lease provisions, asserting your rights under the Service members Civil Relief Act and the Hawaii Landlord/Tenant Code, and ensuring that the lease complies with the law.
  • Economic Assistance: If you have questions on lending agreements, garnishment orders, involuntary allotment applications, banking, credit cards, consumer issues, and non-government claims we can help. This includes advising on common car sales issues such as point of sale contracts and lemon law issues.
  • Civilian Administrative Matters: We can provide assistance with name changes and immigration/naturalization based on available expertise and resources. Call to see if we can assist.
  • Military Administrative Matters: If you are facing military administrative action we can help. These include line of duty investigations, FLIPL rebuttals, referred evaluation reports, relief for cause reviews, memorandum of reprimand rebuttals, Article 138 complaints, IG investigations, 15-6 investigations, hardship discharges, compassionate reassignments, unqualified resignations due to pregnancy, and correction of military records.

Please note: We do not provide services relating to military justice proceedings, criminal law, employment law, in-court representation, or private business activities. Legal assistance can not be provided over the phone because we are unable to verify eligibility of services.

Closing Tab


The claims office handles tort claims, affirmative claims, and assistance with Article 139 claims. Tort claims involve personal injury or property damage caused by the negligence of government employees. Common tort claims are motor vehicle accidents and personal injury claims. To file a tort claim with our office, please submit an SF-95 along with any accompanying evidence that you have to support your claim (see forms below).

If government property is damaged by a third party, the government may pursue an affirmative claim against the person to recoup the cost to repair or replace the damaged property.

Article 139 claims are claims which may be filed by either a military member, civilian, business, or non-profit organization against a service member who wrongfully or willfully damages or deprives someone of their property in violation of the UCMJ. Such claims must be filed within 90 days of the occurrence and filed with the Soldier’s commander. These claims are not filed with our office. An investigation will take place by the Soldier’s unit to determine liability.

Claims Forms

Unusual Occurrence Event Claims

The Personnel Claims Act is not a substitute for insurance. Quarters losses, losses of clothing and other items worn, and most vehicle losses are compensable only if caused by "fire, flood, hurricane, or other unusual occurrence, or by theft or vandalism."

For more information, visit

For assistance, they can be reached at (502) 626-3000 or They are open Monday-Friday, 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m., Eastern time. Please keep the time difference in mind when trying to reach them by phone.

Household Goods, POV Shipment, and Personnel Claims

Claims related to the shipment of household goods, POVs, or personnel claims incident to service must be filed online via through Fort Knox, Kentucky. For assistance, they can be reached at (502) 626-3000 or They are open Monday-Friday, 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m., Eastern time. Please keep the time difference in mind when trying to reach them by phone.

Closing Tab

Special Victims' Counsel

Special Victims’ Counsel attorneys provide legal representation to qualifying victims of sexual assault. An SVC’s primary duty is to zealously represent the best interests of clients, even if these interests do not align with the interests of the government.

Special Victims’ Counsel Brochure

SVCs ensure that their clients know that, regardless of the outcome of the judicial or administrative process, the military justice and administrative system supports them and gives them the opportunity to be heard. It is vital that the military justice process proceed in a fair and just manner, protecting both the rights of the victim and the constitutional rights of the accused.

The SVC Program is an invaluable part of the military justice system. The driving force behind the program’s success is the SVC’s ability to work as part of an interdisciplinary team of caring professionals to meet their client’s needs. Every effort is made to establish and maintain effective, complementary, and professional working relationships with stakeholders. Special Victims’ Counsels use these relationships to swiftly address allegations of retaliation against their clients, whether professional or social.

If you or someone you know needs to speak with an SVC please contact either Capt. Alex Kennedy at (703) 347-3857, Capt. Josalyn Ayuso at (202) 893-6854, or Capt. Sara Jarman at (202) 834-4396. The SVC office is co-located with Legal Assistance at Bldg. 2037, 278 Aleshire Ave., Schofield Barracks.

Closing Tab