>> TLA briefs are now offered every weekday on Teams. For more information, visit https://www.army.mil/article/249975
The overall goal of the Housing Services Office is to implement and maintain a high quality worldwide resource for relocation services that is innovative, comprehensive and the first choice of information and support when Soldiers and families relocate to Hawaii. The Housing Services Office is intended to accelerate the services and performance to meet the changing needs of customers.
The Housing Services Office:
- Assists customers will all housing needs.
- Processes eligibility for the Army Temporary Lodging Allowance, or TLA, program.
- Provides guidance and assistance to all incoming and departing personnel.
- Has quality and up-to-date information for customers pertaining to all aspects of military relocation
- Seeks housing alternatives for better Soldier choices
- Mediates housing disputes, counsel customers, delivering education, and providing local guidance on housing needs.
All Soldiers must attend a mandatory TLA brief. Due to COVID-19, the briefs are offered virtually. TLA briefs are held every weekday on Teams. (Flyer)
- 8 a.m.: Departure TLA
- 9 a.m.: Arrival TLA
Resources & References
- Garrison Policy 19: Temporary Lodging Allowance
- TLA Approved Hotels
- DoD Financial Management Regulation Volume 7A, Chapter 68: Cost of Living Allowance Outside the Continental U.S. and Temporary Lodging Allowance
- Bill of Rights Plain Language Briefing