Retirement Services Office (RSO) provides quality service, guidance, and information on benefits and entitlements to active duty Soldiers and their Family Members preparing for retirement. The RSO assists Soldiers and Spouses in making a clear and concise Survivor Benefit Plan (SBP) election prior to retirement. In addition to the above stated duties, the RSO also continues to provide service, updates, and guidance to all retirees, Spouses, Former Spouses, and their children.
- Coordinates, conducts, and facilitates detailed periodic Pre-Retirement and Survivor Benefit Plan (SBP) group briefings for all retiring soldiers (highly encourages family members to attend).
- Counsels Soldiers and family members concerning retirement rights, benefits, and privileges.
- Conducts one-on-one SBP counseling for all retiring Soldiers, and their family members.
- Conducts one-on-one (desk-side) Pre-Retirement briefings as needed.
- Assists retiring Soldiers and family members and completion of the DD Form 2656 (Data for Payment of Retired of Retired Personnel).
- Processes the DD Form 2656 electronically using TRANSPROC to the department of Defense Finance and Accounting Services, Cleveland (DFAS-CL).
- Provides CSB/REDUX retirement pay option counseling, and processing of the CSB/REDUX pay option election form, DD Form 2839 (if assigned as the Installation CSB/REDUX Program Manager).
- Other services and related information (if assigned those duties) related to pre-retirement services, such as, retirement application processing, retirement orders and DD Form 214 processing, and final out-processing procedures.
Download Pre-Retirement Briefing Slides
Retiree Appreciation Day (RAD) 2019: Saturday, November 2, 2019; click here to download flyer.
Click here to learn about the Fort Gordon Retiree Council
Download the latest Fort Gordon Retiree Council Newsletter