Education & Counseling Services
Education Services and programs are available at the Education Center and Multi-Use Learning Facility. Active duty military, reserve component military, retirees, Department of the Army civilians and their adult family members may receive counseling, information about financial aid and local programs, and enrollment in selected programs. For more resources check out our Services listings and Helpful Links below.
Multi-Use Learning Facility (MLF): The MLF is the primary source for self-development materials and the location of the Functional Academic Skills Training (FAST) program on Fort Gordon. Hours: Monday - Friday 7:30 a.m. - 4 p.m.
The Multi-use Learning Facility (MLF)/Army Learning Center (ALC) is a high-tech, multimedia, and computer resource facility providing an integrated network of training and educational resources to support the Army Continuing Education System, the Army Training System, and Civilian Personnel Training and Development. The MLF/ALC provides Commanders the training and educational support resources necessary to help meet mission-related training and educational advancement. It provides a platform for instruction, information, or advice and maintains electronic publications to support training in assigned MOSs. In addition, a wide variety of study programs are available to include basic and advanced academic skills, AFCT (GT) improvement, college level examination programs review, preparation for college entrance exams, effective study skills programs, and others. The goal is to provide a "One-Stop Training Support Facility" for Commanders and their Soldiers. In addition, a Facilitator/Computer Monitor works directly with clients in identifying and accessing appropriate training materials or coordinating the facility for specific training needs.
Computers available for individuals who wish to:
- Pursue Distance Learning Programs
- Type term papers
- Perform official work when unit/office computers are not available
- Brush up on typing skills
- Produce slide shows for briefings/classes
- Prepare computer class assignments
- Setup/access free email account
- Access the Internet for research
- Study from our CD/DVD library (i.e. mathematics, English, and computer programs)
Hours: Monday - Friday 7:30 a.m. – 4:15 p.m.
- Education, career and guidance counseling.
- Military Occupational Specialty - career maps and promotion study guidance.
- Financial aid, grants and scholarship information.
- Montgomery GI Bill, Veterans Education Assistance Program (VEAP), and Old GI Bill/Vietnam-era VA education benefit program information.
- Post 9/11 GI-Bill education benefit program information.
- Evaluation of military experience for civilian college credit using the Joint Service Transcript (JST) or DD295.
- ROTC Green to Gold Program, AMEDD and Physician Assistant information.
- Functional Academic Skills Training (FAST) program
- The counselor will use the GoArmyEd website to maintain your educational record.
- Army Personnel Tests (APT) are available by appointment only.
- AFCT Armed Forces Classification test to improve GT stores - 1st and 3rd Wednesday of each month
- SIFT Flight aptitude test - 2nd Wednesday of each month @ 0730
- TABE- Test of adult basic education, every Tuesday and Thursday each week of the month @ 0730.
- College credit by examination is available to all Active duty and reserve component military personnel FREE of charge (CLEP and DSST). Retirees, Department of the Army civilians and all adult family members may be administered college credit-by-examinations for a nominal charge.
Government & Military links
Tuition Assistance (GoArmyEd)
Army Credentialing Opportunities Online (COOL)
ATTRS Army's E-Learning Management
Commissioning Programs OCS
Commissioning Programs ROTC
Defense Activity for Non-Traditional Education Support (DANTES)
Joint Service Request
Military Spouse Career Advancement Account (MyCAA)
Post 9/11 Bill
Troops to Teachers
Private Sector links
Army Emergency Relief
Basic Algebra & Geometry Lessons
Basic Math Skills (includes games and flash cards)
College Board creators of SAT and Adv. Placement Exams
College Level Examination Program (CLEP)
Dantes Subject Standardized Tests (DSST)
Federal Employee Education and Assistance Fund
Fisher House Helping Military Families
Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
GMAT On-line Information
Go to College
Graduate Record Examination (GRE) On-Line
Help for Algebra, Calculus, and more
Improve Verbal Skills for SAT or GRE
Improve Vocabulary for SAT, ACT or GRE
Peterson's Education Center