JB MDL Retiree Appreciation Day set for 17 September 2022
Retiree Appreciation Day Program
Retiree Appreciation Day Program
- One-on-One individual Pre-Retirement briefings are by appointment only.
- USASA, Fort Dix provides execution guidance for unit-conducted and individual retirement ceremonies. Assist in ensuring ceremonies reflect gratitude for the Soldier’s service to our nation.
Retiree Council Meetings
- US Army Support Activity (ASA), Fort Dix’s Retiree Council, is organized to enhance the prestige and morale of all the Military Services of the United States and military Retirees; disseminates information and resolves problems common to all Retirees; recommends and support resolutions that will enable the Chief of Staff of the Army, or other Military Services, to take action at the Department level to protect benefits military Retirees earned. The Council is governed by Army Regulation 600-8-7, Retirement Services Program, which establishes our Retiree Council, policies and the geographical area of responsibility. The Council meets quarterly and all meetings are on Saturdays; Contact the Installation Retiree Council Chairman CSM (R) Joe Nolan by email or call (908) 451-1758, to obtain information about the council or membership inquiries.
Quarterly Pre-Retirement Briefings
- SFL-TAP hosts a quarterly pre-retirement orientation (PRO) transition workshop. Call RSO for the upcoming dates for 2019’s PRO dates. Contact SFL-TAP at (609) 562-1756 to reserve your seat for an upcoming class.
Survivor Benefit Plan Counseling
- IAW AR 600-8-7 The SBP is the sole means by which survivors can receive a portion of military retired pay. Participation in SBP allows retired members to voluntarily elect to receive reduced retired pay during their lifetime in order to provide a portion of their retired pay as an annuity to their survivor(s) following the retired Soldier’s death. All Soldiers must make an SBP election before retirement. Contact the RSO to schedule an appointment.
- Counsels Soldiers and family members concerning retirement rights, benefits, and privileges.
- Conducts one-on-one SBP counseling for all retiring Soldiers, and their family members.
- Conducts one-on-one (desk-side) Pre-Retirement briefings as needed.
- Assists retiring Soldiers and family members with completion of the DD Form 2656 (Data for Payment of Retired Personnel).
- Processes the DD Form 2656 electronically using TRANSPROC to the Department of Defense Finance and Accounting Services, Cleveland (DFAS-CL).
- Counsels and assists survivors of retired Soldiers, and Soldiers who die on active duty regarding their SBP options and entitlements, and the proper processing of their SBP elections, which includes counseling on Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) Dependency and Indemnity Compensation (DIC) and its relationship to SBP.
- Publishes mails retiree newsletters at least annually in coordination with the Joint Base.
- Publishes periodic articles for installation and local newspapers.
- Conducts an annual Retiree Appreciation Day (RAD)in coordination with the Joint Base.
- Provides information and filing assistance for the "Annuities for Certain Military Surviving Spouses" -or ACMSS, also known as "Forgotten Widows."
- Provides information and assistance to Soldiers, spouses, and former spouses regarding the Uniformed Services Former Spouse's Protection Act (USFSPA).
- Assists/advises retired Soldiers in understanding and applying for Combat-Related Special Compensation (CRSC).
- Provides information to retired Soldiers on Concurrent Retirement and Disability Payments (CRDP).
- Assists retired Soldiers and family members in obtaining: copies of lost documents (i.e., DD Form 214, retirement orders, and medical records); re-issuance of military awards; and issuance of military ID Cards.
- Provides retired Soldiers and their families with information and referrals on a myriad of other benefits entitlements including Veterans Affairs (VA), TRICARE medical dental, Social Security Medicare benefits, and others.
Other post-retirement Services
- View retired Soldier’s pay account
- View annuitants pay account
- Assists in obtaining New Jersey ARMY RETIRED License Plate.
- Assists Retired Soldiers in the ‘Grey Area’ with completion and submission of their USAR/NGB Age 60 Retired Pay Application. A copy of the packet is located at https://www.hrc.army.mil/content/Reserve%20Component%20Retirements.