Privatized Housing (on a military installation)

Any Soldier accompanied by Family members can apply for privatized housing on any of the four local installations by submitting an application:

Fort Carson
Peterson Space Force Base
Schriever Space Force Base
U.S. Air Force Academy

Single Soldiers

E-5 and below report to your gaining unit’s first sergeant regarding a barracks room assignment.

Certificates of Non-availability (CNAs)

Single E1-E5 Soldiers must live in the barracks. CNAs are issued to single pregnant Soldiers, Criminal Investigation Department Soldiers, military police investigators working within the Directorate of Emergency Services and when the installation barracks utilization is greater than 95 percent. For more information, call the Directorate of Public Works (DPW) Housing Services Office (HSO) at 719-526-9413 or 719-526-5219.

Exceptions to Policy (ETPs)

In an unusual circumstance, requiring Basic Allowance for Housing authorization, contact the HSO to determine if the circumstance is justifiable.
The HSO staff can advise S1 personnel on the required paperwork for the ETP packet.  The completed ETP packet is submitted by the unit to the HSO for review.
The HSO staff submits all ETP packets directly to the garrison commander. The garrison commander is Fort Carson’s only approving authority.  For more information, call the DPW at 719-725-8096 or 719-238-6458.

Additional Resources

It's Your Move JPPSO Fact Sheet

JPPSO Containerized Move Info Sheet

MilitaryOne Source

Relocation Readiness with ACS: Click here for expert moving help at your fingertips.

Donate Your Good Condition Furniture to the Mountain Post Spouses Club Thrift Shop

Working on a degree and not sure how that will fit in to your move? Visit the Fort Carson Education Center.

Fort Carson Post Office

Warrior Restaurants (DFACs)

DMV/El Paso County Clerk and Recorder

Off-Post Housing Resources

Colorado Springs Relocation Resources

Volunteer realtors from the Pikes Peak Association of Realtors (PPAR) are onsite at the Fort Carson Housing Services Office (HSO) for one-on-one assistance, 719-526-7578.

ACS Homebuyer's Workshop

Understanding the VA homebuying process

Homes.mil - A resource for area rentals.

Army Emergency Relief (AER) can provide information on help with deposits; call 719-526-4590 for assistance.

Market trends - Colorado Springs area housing market trends.