Soldiers and civilians PCSing to Carlisle Barracks will be sponsored prior to and upon arrival. If you have not been contacted by your sponsor, reach out and contact your gaining unit or organization.

Soldiers will need to use the Army Career Tracker's Total Army Sponsorship Program to initiate the DA Form 5434 (Sponsorship Program Counseling and Information Sheet) and request a sponsor.  Sponsorship is required in order to process permanent change of station orders to Carlilse Barracks and other regions.  Department of the Army civilians can fill out the PDF version of DA Form 5434 and email it to their gaining organization or supervisor to request a sponsor.

Logo_TASP.pngThe Total Army Sponsorship Program, or TASP, mission is to help Soldiers, civilian employees and their families better integrate into the U.S. Army, and to assist them when they transition to different units. Sponsorship applies to all active component Soldiers in ranks E-1 through O-6, according to TASP Regulation, Army Regulation 600-8-8 and HQDA EXORD 161-15 Army wide implementation of the TASP Army Career Tracker module for active duty Soldiers.

TASP ensures incoming Soldiers are assigned sponsors prior to reporting to their next duty station. Obtaining a sponsor reduces the stress of reporting to a new unit, enhances resiliency and improves readiness among Soldiers and family members. Did you know you can request a youth sponsor for your child(ren)? Check out the School Support Services webpage for more information.

Army Community Services is another tremendous asset to you and your family during your move to Carlisle Barracks.  They offer many great services.

You can contact your local Relocation Readiness Program office to receive Carlisle Barracks-specific information and resources, or reach out to Carlisle Barracks' by visiting or calling (717-245-4357.


Resources & Helpful Documents

Newcomer Needs Assessment

Sponsorship Checklist

Newcomer Needs Flowchart

Student Moves & Insider Tips — "The Carlisle Experience"


Quick Start Guide

When to start the DA Form 5434:  Once notification of assignment Instructions are received. See quick start guide for more information.


How to Request a Sponsor

Note: This cannot be completed until you’ve received notification from Human Resources Command. Also, please note that units are not required to assign a sponsor until 120 days prior to your report date. If you require assistance prior to that, contact the Garrison Sponsorship Liaison at and request that your sponsor be assigned as soon as possible.

  1. Log on to

  2. Click the “Messages” dropdown menu, and then “DA Form 5434.” 

  3. Click “Create New Form.” 

  4. Fill out all applicable sections (Sections 1, 2, 4 and 5).

  5. Once completed, your sponsor will be notified and can begin providing you the information to better assist you in your move.

  6. If your sponsor changes, you will receive notifications in the “Messages” section in ACT.

Note: All communications between the sponsor and incoming Soldier will be done in the ACT Sponsorship portal.  Please track your progress through the Army Career Tracker


For essential information on sponsorship and check-in procedures, please visit the Carlislie Barracks Essentials resource page from Military OneSource.