The 1st Armored Division and Fort Bliss Museum is located on historic Fort Bliss, Texas. The museum presents the history of Fort Bliss from 1849 to the present, as well as displaying the history of America's tank division, the 1st Armored Division (Old Ironsides.)
General and access informationAdmission is free
- Soldiers are on hand to orient and assist visitors.
- We feature the Combined Arms Heritage Park in front of the museum, with two picnic table areas.
- DoD ID card holders may access the installation through any open gate.
- Non-ID card holders must get a pass at a visitor center, located at either Chaffee or Buffalo Soldier Gates.
- There are three different spaces available to reserve for functions:
- Auditorium for up to 180 people
- Ceremonial area for more than 180 people
- Reception room for food and drink