Lost or Stolen I.D. Cards - Report is required.
per IAW AER 600‐700. Chapter 1, paragraph 1‐6; a M.P.
The report must be obtained from the M.P. Desk at Panzer Kaserne

DEERS Enrollment and Initial ID Card Issuance

The Defense Enrollment Eligibility Reporting System (DEERS) enrollment and ID card issuance process consists of several steps to ensure the correct ID card is issued and the appropriate benefits and privileges are assigned.

Reference Links

RAPIDS ID Card Office Online
Note - When making online appointments please make separate appointments for each family member. 

DoD Identification Card Requirements
List of Acceptable identity Documents

Pre-Appointment Preparation:

Completed DD Form 1172-2

Completed DD Form 1172-2

which has been signed:

  • Electronically by the Sponsor (with CAC or DS Logon) and submitted using ID Card Office Online; OR
  • In person by your sponsor at a RAPIDS Site; OR
  • By your sponsor and notarized. A wet or digital signature is acceptable; OR
  • Using a Power of Attorney. A wet or digital signature is acceptable.

Eligibility documentation, if applicable

  • Individuals must provide eligibility documentation to verify eligibility for benefits or proof of relationship to the Sponsor.
  • U.S. persons must bring a document that verifies their Federal person identifier (SSN or tax ID number).

NOTE: A Sponsor’s DEERS record should be created via an authoritative data feed from a personnel office. While most Sponsors should not need to provide eligibility documentation, in some instances, it may be necessary to provide eligibility documentation.

Two forms of ID

Sponsors and adult family members, including children over age 18, must bring two forms of ID.

1. A valid (unexpired) State or Federal government-issued picture ID.

2. Any ID from the List of Acceptable Identity Documents.

NOTE: Local badges will NOT be accepted as a valid form of ID during the DoD ID card issuance process.

CAC / Common Access Card

The Common Access Card (CAC) is the standard identification for active-duty military personnel, Selected Reserve, Department of Defense (DoD) Civilian employees, and eligible contractor personnel. Appointments for CAC issues can be made through the online RAPIDS appointment system.

Reference Links

RAPIDS ID Card Office Online
DoD Common Access Card