For Casualty Assistance, please call (334) 255-9081 or (334) 255-9005

Fort Rucker serves as a Casualty Area Command for all counties of Alabama, except for the counties served by Fort Benning, namely Autaga, Bullock, Chambers, Chilton, Coosa, Elmore, Lee, Macon, Montgomery, Russell and Talapoosa. Fort Rucker also serves the Florida panhandle counties of Bay, Calhoun, Escambia, Gulf, Holmes, Jackson, Okaloosa, Santa Rosa, Walton and Washington.

Casualty Assistance services include:

  • Coordinating military funeral honors for active duty, retiree, and veterans funerals;
  • Providing survivor assistance to retiree surviving spouses;
  • Providing assistance to surviving spouses and family members of active duty deaths;
  • Providing notification and assistance to survivors of active duty personnel in our area of responsibility;
  • Processing line of duty investigations.

For more information, please call (334) 255-9081 or (334) 255-9005.

Funeral Honors

Effective Oct. 1, 2018, requests for military funeral honors for veterans and retirees being conducted Saturday - Monday must be submitted to the Fort Rucker Casualty Assistance Center office no later than 3 p.m. the Friday before the services are to be held. In order to streamline programs and institute cost saving measures, the CAC office will be implementing process changes in the upcoming fiscal year. Please call (334) 255-9081 with any questions regarding this process.

Request are made by the servicing funeral home. If possible, please provide more than 48 hours notice in order to ensure proper coordination of funeral honors. Funeral Homes can contact the CAC office at (334) 255-9081, (334) 255-9005 or (800) 661-1407.

If there is no answer at the phone numbers listed above, please contact the Installation Operations Center at (334) 255-3038.

Casualty Notification Lines (334) 255-9081 or (334) 255-9311 or (334) 255-9005
Operations Coordinator (334) 255-9311
Training Instructor (334) 255-0788
Mortuary Affairs Coordinator (334) 255-1811
Memorial Affairs Coordinator (334) 255-9081
Benefits Coordinator (334) 255-9005
Military Funeral Honors Request (334) 255-9081/9311/9005; Call during normal duty hours
Frequently Asked Questions

Military honors will be rendered to all deceased active duty, retired and veterans of the U.S. Army, National Guard and Reserve servicemembers that were discharged honorably.

No. Only servicemembers are eligible to receive honors.

Retirees receive full military honors to include: pallbearers, firing team, Taps, presentation of the flag and a chaplain on request.

Veterans receive the folding and presenting of the flag and playing of Taps.

The Casualty Office requires at least a 24-hour advance notice.

The family of the deceased servicemember must inform the funeral home. The funeral director will coordinate with the Casualty Assistance Center. Note: A DD214 is required if not currently on active duty.

No. Military honors are rendered free of charge.

Anyone who has served in the military and been honorably discharged.

No, the military only pays for the funerals of Active Duty Soldiers.

Survivors of active duty and retired servicemembers may be eligible for benefits. You may call the Casualty Assistance Center or Retirement Services Office to inquire.