Temporary Lodging

You must have Permanent Change of Station or Temporary Duty orders to make a reservation!

Make temporary lodging arrangements as far ahead of your arrival as possible -- there is no guarantee that you will be offered a Temporary Lodging Facility on your assigned installation. Ensure you keep your sponsor involved in the process so they know you have a lodging reservation and do not try to make an additional reservation for you.

The Air Force manages all TLF in the Kaiserslautern Military Community. These accommodations are located at Ramstein Air Base, Landstuhl and Vogelweh Housing Area. They provide family, officer and enlisted quarters on a priority basis to all military and authorized civilians relocating to and visiting the KMC. People on temporary duty or leave are accommodated on a space-available basis. The maximum TLF stay is 30 days, if available when booking. Due to the high volume of personnel in the area, TLFs fill up quickly, particularly during high PCS season. It is often likely that individuals and families may be required to stay off-base during these times. You can make your own reservations or your sponsor can assist you online at AIR FORCE INNS or you can call the central reservations desk at 06371-47-4920.

If space is not available in on-post lodging facilities to accommodate your family you will be issued a statement of non-availability which authorizes you to stay in the local area. If you are issued a non-availability letter, contact your sponsor for assistance in making a hotel reservation in the local area. The Lodging Reservations Office can also provide a list of recommended accommodations upon request.

If traveling with a pet please note that there are a limited amount of pet units and that pets will not be accepted as a reason to receive a statement of non-availability. In the event there are no pet friendly rooms available, pet owners must board their animals in local kennels on the economy (at owners' expense). The Kaiserslautern Veterinary Treatment Facility can provide a list of kennels and can be reached at 06371-9464-1900.

The KMC Lodging Office is located at the Kaiserslautern Military Community Center directly across the street from the Air Mobility Command Passenger Terminal on Ramstein Air Base.

Single and/or Unaccompanied E-6 and Below

Single or unaccompanied military members in ranks E-1 through E-6 are not authorized temporary lodging allowance. With some units in the KMC this practice may also extend to higher enlisted grades depending on the barracks space available. If you fall into this category, it is your gaining unit's responsibility to assign you a room in the barracks. If you arrive on a weekend or holiday your sponsor can contact your gaining unit's lodging representative to issue you a room.


Lodging in Baumholder is managed by Army Lodging. New arrivals should contact LAGERHOF INN to make a reservation. Military personnel on orders must receive a certificate or statement of non-availability from Army Lodging prior to staying in an off-post hotel in order to be reimbursed for lodging expenses.