Army SHARP information and resources:
These phone numbers are available to accept calls 24hrs/day 7 days a week
- DLIFLC: (831) 915-2351
- DOD Hotline, 24/7, Safe Helpline: 877-995-5247
I have been sexually assaulted. What should I do? If you have been sexually assaulted or think you have been:
- Go to a safe location away from the attacker.
- Contact your local Sexual Assault Response Coordinator (SARC) at 831-242-3442, Victim Advocate or healthcare provider. You may also contact your chain of command or law enforcement (military or civilian), *however* if you do, an investigation will occur and you will not have the option of making a Restricted Report (www.sexualassault.army.mil/what_to_do.cfm).
- Seek medical care as soon as possible. Even if you do not have any visible physical injuries, you may be at risk of becoming pregnant or acquiring a sexually transmitted disease.
- -Ask the healthcare provider to conduct a sexual assault forensic examination (SAFE) to preserve forensic evidence.
- -If you suspect you had been drugged, request that a urine sample be collected.
- Preserve all evidence of the assault. Do not bathe, wash your hands or brush your teeth. Do not clean or straighten up the crime scene.
- Write down, tape or record by any other means all the details you can recall about the assault and your assailant.
- U.S. Army Sexual Assault Prevention and Response Program: www.sexualassault.army.mil/what_to_do.cfm
National Sexual Violence Resource Center
Rape, Abuse, & Incest National Network (RAINN)
DoD Sexual Assault Prevention and Response
The Army SHARP Program
The United States Army's Sexual Assault Prevention website.
The Department of Defense Sexual Assault Help Line. Provides anonymous help online, by phone or by text.
ArmyOne Source serves American troops and their Families; 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year; people can call in and speak to a consultant or go online and access information or email a consultant. 1-800-464-8107
National Guard Sexual Assault Prevention and Response website.
Army SHARP and suicide prevention.
Army SHARP general information.