The Directorate of Emergency Services (DES) is a staff activity of the US Army Garrison – Fort Lee. It’s responsible for installation law enforcement, physical security, installation access control, fire and emergency services to include fire prevention and education, and advanced life support and transport. It manages and provides its services through two main divisions.
To provide the Fort Lee community with efficient and essential law enforcement, physical security, force protection, fire and emergency services support fostering a safe and secure environment.
Through Professionalism, Teamwork, and Commitment provide a model of excellence in providing fire and emergency services, progressive and efficient law enforcement and related emergency services locally, regionally, and nationally.
The Provost Marshal Division provides Department of the Army Civilian Police and Security Guard services, conducts criminal investigations, oversees traffic control, and maintains general law and order at Fort Lee. It operates a 24-hour Police Desk, and its Visitor Control Center issues post-access passes and registers privately owned weapons. Through its Physical Security Branch, it manages and directs the physical security program and executes access control points.
The Fire and Emergency Services Division is an all-hazards-approach organization providing structural, wild land, and vehicle fire suppression; advanced life support emergency medical services; fire prevention inspections, public and community fire safety education programs, and technical rescue and hazardous material response. It is a member of the Crater Regional Technical Rescue Team and the Crater Regional Hazardous Material Response Team.
The Fort Lee Fire and Emergency Services Division exists to protect the lives, safety, environment, and property of all persons in the community and surrounding areas. It educates, informs, and enforces life safety in a caring and effective manner. "Supporting Those That Serve" is its motto.
Forms & Documents
Standard Operating Procedures
- Procedures for Purchasing Security Equipment
- Public Access Defibrillator Program
- Real ID Act of 2005 Guidelines
- DES Designation of Weather / Mission Essential Positions
- 190-2 Request for Background Check and Access Credential - Group Application
- 190-3 Request for Unescorted Installation Access to Fort Lee
- 190-4 Access Control Denial Waiver Application
- 694 Military Personnel Weapon Registration
- 694-1 Civilian Personnel Weapon Registration
- 694-2 Weapon Registration Continuation Sheet
- 340-1 Request for Law Enforcement Report