Only authorized sponsors may request Day Guest Passes.
Guests may be granted access to the installation from 8 a.m. to 11:59 p.m.
A parent or guardian must accompany visitors who do not meet the legal age of 18 IAW Japanese law.
Valid IDs to obtain escorted access:
- Japanese Driver’s License. Any individual using a Japanese driver’s license will be required to enter his/her associated eight-digit Personal Identification Number (PIN) into the Japanese Immigration computer to verify country of origin. Personnel that cannot remember their PIN will have to go to the nearest Japanese Police Station and re-register their PIN.
- GOJ ID Card. D.
- JSDF ID Card.
5. LN Student ID Cards. (Junior High or High School students only.)
6. Residence Card. Must show nationality; otherwise, must have permanent address record card showing nationality and a picture ID.
7. National Public Service ID (Kokka Komuinsho).
8. My Number Card, or Juki Card. Must have current photograph, Juminhyo with Honsekichi or Koseki Tohon issued within one year.
NOTE: Non-U.S. citizen children under the legal age of 18 IAW Japanese law must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian who is in possession of one of the above listed, valid forms of ID.
OVERNIGHT VISITOR PASSES
Only SOFA personnel are authorized to request Overnight Visitor Passes without prior approval from the GC, or his/her designated representative. The overnight Guest Pass is only issued after 5 p.m. and is valid until 8 a.m. the next business day, or the following Monday during the weekend or holidays.
The following guidelines will be followed:
a) Parent or guardian must accompany visitors that do not meet the legal age of an adult under Japanese Law.
b) No cohabitation is permitted. A guest is not permitted to stay in excess of three overnight visits per week.
c) This pass is intended for accommodating out of area visitors and not intended to accommodate visits of friends or acquaintances from the local area that would be contrary to the intent of current visitation policies.