- Buy your ticket at the counter, kiosk, or online
- Validate your ticket before boarding
- Be sure to board the correct train and class of car
- Check Italian train schedules and prices at:
NOTE: Board the wrong train? Notify the conductor ASAP and pay the ticket difference. It’s cheaper than a fine!
Flying throughout Europe is incredibly cheap! There are a variety of flight search engines. Here are a few:
NOTE: Discount airlines often fly to smaller airports farther from city centers. You might pay more for transportation into the city, so keep that in mind before buying tickets.
Keep in Mind:
- Pay with a debit card to avoid credit card fees (2%)
- Pay for luggage & check-in online to reduce fees
- Read baggage policies - budget airlines are strict!
- Buy your tickets at “tabaccheria” stores or on a bus
- Validate your ticket on the bus each time you board
- Use ⚠Google Maps for public bus routes/schedules
- Buses are not always on time. Be patient.