COVID-19 LATEST UPDATES
CURRENT AS OF JUNE 30, 2022
As of June 15, the Italian government approved measures to extend the mask mandate on public transport, with the exception of planes, until September 30, 2022.
- FFP2 masks are still required on buses, trains, subways, trams and ferries but not on planes.
- Masks are still required in hospitals, care homes and healthcare facilities (including on post), while the COVID vaccination obligation remains in place for healthcare workers.
- Masks are no longer required in cinemas, theatres, indoor sporting venues and churches.
- Holy water fonts can be used once again, according to guidelines issued by Italy's bishops' conference.
- A Green Pass is no longer required for bars and restaurants and most other locations.
- A Green Pass is no longer required for work. Supervisors will discuss this with employees.
VACCINE & BOOSTERS
Need a vaccine or a booster shot? Check HERE for available appointments with U.S. Army Health Center Vicenza.
Need to replace your CDC card? Click here for details
Ground floor of the Clinic, East (track) side
New Hours of Operation:
- 0800-0900 Symptomatic Individuals
- 0900-1000 Isolation Release
- 1030-1200 Travel
COVID test NO longer required for travel to US, regardless of vaccination status
Testing available for Leisure Travel, Space A
- Must be scheduled: 636-9111 or 0444-61-9111
- Only available if not booked for official travel
- Acuity/USAG website only for official travel
- Must provide proof of requirement from reputable source (i.e. US Embassy & Consulate)
Obtain or update a Green Pass through U.S. Army Garrison Italy
- You must have a Codice Fiscale, be fully vaccinated and have a valid Common Access Card
- Go to this SharePoint Portal sign in, fill out the form. Info is on you Codice Fiscale and your CDC Card, so have those handy.
- Once submitted, your info goes to the Italian government.
- You get an email with further instructions to download the Green Pass.
Codice Fiscale: You must have a valid Codice Fiscale. If you do not, email the Housing Office at firstname.lastname@example.org. You need to send them your orders, passport, Italian Visa and ID. They process and email your Codice Fiscale.
For Travel to and from Italy, please review the CDC website
For more information, visit: U.S. Embassy in Italy
The general order from the Senior Responsible Officer of the U.S. Army in Italy, (Commanding General, Southern European Task Force, Africa) has been rescinded. Follow Italian decrees and garrison updates. Book mark garrison ITALIAN NEWS translations to stay informed with local changes.
Stay tuned to officials platforms – like the U.S. Army Garrison Italy Facebook page - for routine updates
SIGN UP FOR YOUR COVID-19 VACCINE
Schedule your COVID-19 vaccination appointment.
CDC VACCINATION CARD
Since August 6, 2021 proof of vaccination is required to access many establishments in Italy.
Italy recognizes your CDC vaccination card in place of and Green Pass. This information, issued by the Italian health ministry was conveyed to local Italian media and elected officials in Vicenza and Livorno. Outside these areas, most people ask for an EU Green Pass.