• Effective immediately ID Card Facilities can no longer use hospital proof of birth documents to add children, stepchildren or pre-adoptive children to a sponsors DEERS record.  The statutory requirement for adding children is a certificate of live birth or an FS-240, Consular Report of Birth Abroad, for children born overseas.
  • Attention Soldiers – If you are assigned to one of the following units your ID Card issuing facility is your Brigade S-1 in accordance with III Corps Operations Order 22-06-0332 III Corps Headquarters, 1st Cavalry Division, 13th Expeditionary Sustainment Command,  Operational Test Command, 3d Cavalry Regiment, 1st Medical Brigade, 89th Military Police Brigade, 504th Military Intelligence Brigade, 36th Engineer Brigade, 11th Signal Brigade, 48th Chemical Brigade, 69th Air Defense Brigade and 79th Ordnance Battalion.   Please do not schedule an appointment for service at the Fort Hood ID Card Facility.  Your Brigade S1 has been staffed and equipped to provide this service.  Active Duty Family Member ID Cards are issued at this facility.

Mission:  The Fort Hood ID Card Facility provides Common Access Cards / ID Cards for Retirees, Family Members, DA Civilians and Contactors. 

The Fort Hood DEERS/ID Card Office is open for appointments only.


Click here for DEERS Enrollment and ID Cards Issuance

Click here for Authorized Proofs of Identity

Click here for DD Form 1172 (ID Card Application)

Where to Mail, FAX, or eMAIL Documents: see posted address to the right of page

Click here for Pre-Arrival Checklist 


When making an appointment you must make an appointment for each person that will need an ID Card.

 Click here to Schedule an Appointment

Detailed Instructions for using the appointment scheduler:

Click on: “ID Card Office Locator & Appointments”
In the “Enter Location” field type “Fort Hood” and click “Search”
After the search completes you will see two locations

Location #1 – “Ft Hood MPC 1” is for CAC cards only (Military, Department of the Army Civilian, Contractor, and Volunteer Logical Access Credentials (VoLAC)

Appointments are for CAC initial issuance, renewal or lost/stolen cards.  No rank updates or name changes.

Location #2 – “Ft Hood” is for all other cards (Family Members, Retirees, Disabled Veterans and Individual Ready Reserve)

Select the location depending on the type of card

After you click “Select” for the location you will then see a button at the bottom of the page to “Schedule Appointment”

Click on date for available appointments and choose an open appointment time that fits your schedule.

DoD Civilians:

  • All data must be previously input through Civilian Personnel Advisory Center (CPAC)
  • Must have two (2) valid, unexpired forms of identification
  • Click Here for Authorized Proof of Identity


  • All data must be previously input through Contractor Verification System (CVS).
  • If going overseas, a Letter of Authorization (LOA) must be presented reflecting this information
  • Must have two (2) valid, unexpired forms of identification (Click here for Authorized Proofs of Identity)


  • Soldiers assigned to units that have a CAC ID Card capability will receive support from their Brigade S1.  In an emergency, if the system is not operational, Brigade S1s should contact the III Corps G-1 who will in turn coordinate with the DHR for support.
  • Soldiers assigned to units that are supported by the Military Personnel Center must make an appointment using the appointment scheduler above.  Select Location "Fort Hood - MCP 1" for CAC.                            

Useful Websites:

DoD ID Card Reference Center