Take advantage of the Solid Waste & Recycling Program's recycling programs available on post! Recycling is a simple way that you can help out the environment and preserve our natural resources from being depleted. Proceeds from the garrison's qualified recycling program help fund environmental projects and Family and Morale, Welfare and Recreation events for the community.
Recyclables can be dropped off at the Army Recycling Center during the center's hours of operation. You MUST call ahead and make an appointment before taking wood and green waste to the center.
>>Check out our recycling matrix, which outlines who can dispose of specific items where.
Items We Accept
Acceptable items are subject to change due to site capacity, restrictions, funding, and other factors.
- Color paper
- Dry cardboard
- Glossy paper
- Green waste
- Hard plastic containers #1-5 (containers must be rinsed out; no segregation required)
- HI-5 glass, plastic, aluminum beverage containers
- Non-corrugated cardboard
- Scrap metal (uncontaminated) to include aluminum and steel cans
- Toner cartridges
- White office paper (shredded must be bagged)
- Wood pallets (unpainted/untreated, and in limited quantities only)
- Wood and green waste (require an appointment, please call to coordinate)
Items We Do Not Accept
- Electronic Waste
- Fluorescent bulbs
- General refuse (trash)
- Hazardous waste
- Flexible plastics (grocery bags, cereal box liners)
- Vehicle waste, oil, tires
The City and County of Honolulu provides nine public refuse drop-off locations: six convenience centers and three transfer stations around the island for Hawaii residents to dispose of their household rubbish.
Hawaii residents may use any of these locations free of charge.
For more information on the refuse drop-off locations, visit http://www.opala.org/solid_waste/Drop_off_Centers_for_Refuse.html.