>> This page has information on how to submit a work order to the Directorate of Public Works for on post facilities such as offices, public roads or barracks.

If you need to submit a maintenance request for Island Palm Communities' on-post family housing, please call (808) 457-4075.

Stock photo of a faucet on a sink

Work requests are divided into two major categories that are based on the scope and complexity of the work to be done.  

Demand Maintenance Orders, or DMOs, are used for minor facilities maintenance and repairs that normally do not exceed 40 hours of labor to accomplish. Examples include utility outages, clogged sink/toilet, tree trimming, locks, roof leaks, or pest control.

Work Orders (DA Form 4283 Facilities Engineering Work Request (FEWRs)) are for all other maintenance, repair and construction requirements.  Examples include real property repair or construction, or the result of a safety, fire or physical security inspection.

Want more information? Check out the DPW Customer Handbook.

Demand Maintenance Orders

All non-emergency DMO requests, whether urgent or routine, should be submitted via the Army Maintenance Application (ArMA) at https://www.armymaintenance.com/.

DMOs sent via email will no longer be accepted after June 1, 2022. There is no phone number where DPW accepts non-emergency DMOs.

For barracks, do not submit repairs for appliances or furniture in ArMA; report it to your Barracks Management Representative instead.

Emergency DMOs should be submitted via the phone and an ArMA case file should be created prior to calling. Emergency DMOs may not receive immediate attention in ArMA, we request that you call (808) 787-1275 during the work day (6 a.m.-4 p.m.) or (808) 864-0855 after hours. Calls after the regular workday, nights, weekends, and holidays are answered by the Fort Shafter Military Police station.

The only non-emergency calls DPW will accept during regular work hours are those reporting issues with feral animals.

DMO Instructions

  • You will first need to create an account in ArMA. The website is https://www.armymaintenance.com/. You can access this site through your computer or cell phone.
  • Each time you need to report something that needs to be repaired, you’ll create a case in ArMA.
  • Fill out the information in ArMA as completely as possible. Include all the information DPW needs to dispatch the work correctly. For example, if the problem is with a lock, specify if it is a swipe card lock, a cipher lock, or a hard key lock. If the issue is with a door, is it a wooden door, a glass door, or a metal door? If the issue is with an air-conditioning unit, is it a ducted split or a ductless split system?
  • If possible, include pictures and any other additional information to help DPW understand the urgency and location of the work needed.
  • When you submit a DMO request for a repair in a common area, such as a latrine, please post a notice with the DMO number so everyone else who notices the same problem won’t submit a duplicate DMO.
  • Avoid using the term “inop”, because that doesn’t help DPW determine the urgency of your problem or what you think is wrong.

Work Orders