The Fort Gordon Installation Safety Office is the knowledge center for loss reduction data collection, fusion, analysis, and dissemination of actionable force protection information for Fort Gordon Garrison, and Cyber and Signal organizations.
The office staff assists members of the Garrison and Cyber Center of Excellence with the preservation of combat power through the aggressive application of Composite Risk Management in order to preserve the human capital of the Army.
- Support commander’s and supervisors in providing a safe and healthful living and working environment for Service Members, civilian employees, contractors, and their families
- Increase Fort Gordon, TRADOC and Army mission effectiveness and readiness through force protection and risk management
- Reward Fort Gordon personnel for exemplary proactive S&H performance
- Promote safety as a core value rather than a priority
- Increase available military end strength, positively affecting the training mission
- Reduce recordable injuries and illnesses (military, civilian and contractor)
- Facilitate the protection of Army personnel and the preservation of property against accidental loss through the use of composite risk management within the doctrinal, training base and Garrison
- Provide Fort Gordon a full range of occupational and military safety services
- Oversee implementation of the Senior Mission Commander’s safety and occupational health program
- Department of the Army proponent for Signal risk management integration
- Integrate risk management into Military and Garrison operations