> Unaccompanied Personnel Housing

The UPH Office is available to all service members. U.S. government employees and contractors are not authorized to reside in UPH.

> UPH In-Processing

Unaccompanied personnel sign-in at the UPH office on Tower Barracks, Bldg. 244. UPH personnel will provide the housing brief that you need as an unaccompanied personnel. Bring a copy of orders and all amendments.

> Unaccompanied Housing Locations

  • UPH is located at two bases on Tower Barracks in Grafenwoehr and Rose Barracks in Vilseck.
  • Single Soldiers Housing consists of seven buildings; there are 750 barracks spaces at Tower and Rose Barracks.
  • BOQ consists of six buildings; there are 175 quarters total at Tower and Rose Barracks.

> Single Soldier, Senior Enlisted, and Bachelor Officer Quarters

Bedroom and authorized housing entitlements
  • For E-7 and above, most senior enlisted quarters [SEQ] and bachelor officers quarters [BOQ] are small one bedroom, furnished apartments with kitchenettes or a common kitchen per floor.
  • E-1-E-6 reside in the barracks with shared or private bedroom with either a shared bath or common latrine.
Assignments are based on pay grade:
  • Grades E–9, CW3, CW4, CW5, O–3 and above: 400 square feet net living area: living room, bedroom, private bath, and access to kitchen
  • Grades WO1, CW2, O–1, O–2: 250 square feet net living area: sleeping/living room, private bath
  • Grades E–7 & E–8: 270 square feet net living area: private room, private bath
  • Grades E–5 & E–6: 135 square feet net living area: private room
  • Grades E–1-4: 90 square feet net living area, not more than two per room.
SEQs and BOQs are limited. Rooms for grades E-1 to E-6 are usually available.
For more information call DSN 522-8509/8511, CIV 09472-708-8509/8511.

> Shipping Full JTR HHG Allowance

All unaccompanied Service members in the grade of E-1 through E-6 must reside on post when adequate quarters are available.
It is therefore recommended that unaccompanied Service memberss do NOT ship their full Joint Travel Regulation (JTR) household goods (HHG) allowance as your personal items will not fit in barracks rooms. Servicemembers who DO elect to have full JTR allowances shipped will be required to locate Non Temporary Storage (NTS) and pay for the storage out of pocket (please note that storage facilities are extremely limited in Germany and having full JTR HHG is not adequate justification for CNA approval).
If upon arrival it is determined that adequate barracks space is not projected to be available for a servicemember within 60 days, the servicemember will be issued a Certificate of Non-Availability (CNA) to reside off post. Servicemembers may at that point contact transportation and have their full JTR allowance shipped to them.