Just because you are stationed overseas does not mean you are not able to vote in your City, County, State, or Federal elections. Voting is a fundamental right and should not be taken for granted. Registration and obtaining ballots is easy by visiting the Federal Voting Assistance website at www.fvap.gov. You can complete the registration on line, print and sign the form, and email, fax or mail your request to your Stateside voting office. If you have issues using the online program you can see your unit Voting Assistance Officer or contact the nstallation Voting Assistance Office.

Voting Assistance - Military

Absentee Voting Overview

FVAP encourages the use of the Federal Post Card Application (FPCA) to start the absentee voting process as it is standardized for use across all States and will extend your eligibility to receive a ballot for all federal elections for at least one calendar year. The FPCA acts as both a registration and absentee ballot request form. We encourage our military voters to submit a new FPCA every year and when they move.

Service Voting Information

Each Service provides extensive voting assistance starting at the unit level. Assistance with any portion of the absentee voting process can be obtained by contacting your Installation Voter Assistance Office. Service specific voting information can be found on the websites listed below or by contacting your Service Voting Action Officer.

Voter Registration and Ballots

Register to vote, request an absentee ballot or check the status of your ballot. Select your State or territory of legal residence to get started.

Eligible Family Members

Military spouses and eligible family members may be covered under the same law that protects military members' absentee voting rights. This means if a military spouse or family member lives outside his/her voting jurisdiction, he/she can vote absentee in all federal elections. Whether changing States or moving to another country, we provide resources to help you send your vote home.

Helpful Links